FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Quotes that I like

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I couldn't think of a more creative name for this thread so I kept it simple. I love coming across quotes that make me feel good or make me think about a situation in a different light. I have a "little book of confidence" that I used to carry in my handbag for when i needed it and I have a few other little books with quotes that I reflect on now and then

I thought it would be good to share some and encourage others to do the same.

For starters I have:

If you want to know someone's mind, listen to their words. If you want to know their heart, watch their actions.

People are not addicted to alcohol or drugs, they are addicted to escaping reality.

cmf x

1,025 Replies 1,025

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

This quote reminds me that feeling like a failure is not the end, and value as an individual is not determined solely by our successes or failures. It is our ability to persevere and keep going despite setbacks that truly matters.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Imposter syndrome is a liar. Don't believe it when it tells you that you're not good enough." - Mandy Hale

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens." - Louise L. Hay

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Life always offers you a second chance. It is called tomorrow.
Dylan Thomas

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Loneliness is a challenge, giving us the opportunity to discover the strength within and to connect with others and finding a sense of belonging.

I wrote a (VERY SHORT) story on overcoming loneliness today and I cannot tell you where it is to find out but the above is a paraphrase of what someone said to me after reading it. 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.
Helen Keller

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others."

-- Christopher Germer

This quote reminds me to treat myself with the same kindness and care that we would offer to a loved one or friend. It emphasizes the importance of treating ourselves with understanding and empathy, rather than being overly critical or harsh towards ourselves. By practicing self-compassion, we can learn to be more accepting of our imperfections and mistakes, and cultivate a greater sense of self-worth and resilience.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Depression is like being lost in a dense fog, unable to see a way out or even remember what clear skies look like.

-- Anon

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of.

Mahatma Gandhi

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life.

John Lennon