FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Last to post wins

Mr Ploppy
Community Member

This worked quite well on another forum site.

It may float or sink on this one. We'll find out.

Don't ask what you will win being the last to post, it will be something useless.

But have a go anyway.

I'm last to post so far. Am I a winner?

1,632 Replies 1,632

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

... & each competitor must not have any part of their body (& clothing) in contact with the ground for more than 15 seconds between each bungee jump ...

Are there any other rules useful to add to the sport?

Would it be better called 'Lateral Bungee Racing', because no competitor is permitted to bungee vertically, or longitudinally.

Hugzies

mmMekitty 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

my gps might be dodgy and give unknown results 🙂

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We can test it first or, you may boldly bungee where no wolf has bungeed before.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

back 40m

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So modest - you didn't even mention the summersault. [LRC grins as you swoosh by.]

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey wolfie, I read that you are into photography. What sort of pictures did you like to take?

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I did? But to answer your question - two things... just memories, otherwise abstract. Might not be the right word but when you put camera to the ground to take a shot and things like the grass become really large and the trees a few meters away look ??? (I can't think of the word). Or the sky through the leaves of a tree. Shapes I guess. What I like to look at are wildlife photographs, where animals are in their natural element and the picture is not forced.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Oh, that sounds so good, Wolfie. I liked to try to get up close too, to photograph the details of leaves & flowers I can't usually see. I once had an SLR camera, bought some lenses too, & a big zoom & a macro lens. polarizing lens, UV blocker lens, a fish-eye lens too.

I would have liked to take more photos of animals. I had some really great pictures of some birds.

I especially liked one of a magpie on our front fence, right next to the gate, where, on the bricks he (I guess) stood as if posing just for me to get a very clear poto, which included his eye, (in profile). So beautiful.

Another was a duck walking along a boardwalk directly towards me.

One of my most favourite I took on a bus. It was a rainy day & the windows were all fogged up. Yet, I could see raindrops dripping down the window outside. So, as an experiment & to keep my camera steady, I pressed the front of the lens onto the window. I got a poto with a couple drops of rain one breakig apart & dripping small droplets in a line & another, closer to the centre. I could see in the droplet, the outside world clearly in focus, but inverted, while the the rest of the view was blurry.

It seemed a very moody picture, which fit a poem I'd written.

Crows never let me photograph them.

I'll still try to take photos with my iPhone. It has an auto-focus feature. I can still get to see some things I otherwise cannot.

When I started using a camera, it was really good for getting me out of my flat, out & about, walking, & too.

At the level you were photographing leaves & such, that could easily appear as an abstract piece of art. It shows a deep level of appreciation for the wonder of nature, I think. I know I loved to see the tiny details revealed.

One of the plants I had, I photographed like that, up close & zoomed right onto one leaf to see the little pink spots on the green & discovered each pink spot was outlined vividly crimson.

Hugzies

mmMekitty 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have a nokia phone - my daughter calls it a brick. She has a iphone. We have kookaburras that come to our place for a feed. Most I can feed from my hand. Suffice to say we can get some really close up shots. Started with 1 last year, and now there are 10!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Wow! I would really like to see those photos.

I noticed when things are in motion (myself included), it was very difficult to see details.

I was on the ferry, going down/up the river, & someone have hung a large banner sign over the nearby cliffs. I couldn't read it at all. I took a photo of it anyway. After I got the photo developed & scanned it, uploading the scanned image to my pc, seeing it on my large monitor, I could read it announcing a protest march & rally against war where & when.

Nevermind that half my photos using the SLR camera were not in focus, I had a great time taking the photos.

Now the problem is seeing enough to interest me, then trying to get what I want within the photo. 

It's fun to play around with the look of a photo, on my phone, or on my PC. Most of the time I use the adjustments to helpt me see what is there, adjusting the contrast, light, shadow, colour, cropping to see the object I wanted to be the centre focus of the photo.

I used it to see the numbers on my new bank card yesterday. It was so difficult getting the expiry date, but getting in close, restricting what was in view, doing my best to hold the phone level above, zooming in too, & I finally got it. Oh, in good light, using the flash too, & making some adjustments to how it looked, too, helped.

& I tried to activate it today, but had some problem, likely because I use 'Voice Over' on my iPhone, & doing that I'm not quick enough for the automated process, & it didn't recognise what I was doing. Looks like I'm going into the bank on Thursday, as well other things I have already planned to do.

Hope you are not feeding the kookaburras too regularly, making them dependant on you.

I wonder if they are all one family?

Hugzies

mmMekitty