FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Comedy Relief...Ah ha ha..he he...

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

The warmer weather has bought with it a frustrating problem; I have SBS..Sticky Bum Syndrome!!

My leather dining chairs, as lovely as they are, tend to stick to my upper legs and bum when sitting for long periods. This happens when I'm on-line posting for hrs and find movement a continuous threat of sorts. I love sitting in my dining room due to the large sliding door where I can see the outside world.

When I get up for coffee or a restroom break, the stingy painful sensation of leather and perspiration against my Lilly white bottom/legs, nearly ripping the skin from my flesh, makes for an interesting time to say the least; not to mention the rose red marks left behind resembling 3rd degree sunburn.

Now, the resolve to this would of course be long pants. But lets face it, I'm here for hrs peep's. I don't want to be sitting here sweating in my jeans either!

I thought about some type of lubricant, but my poor chairs wouldn't respond well, not to mention the slipping and sliding and eventual SBS all over again.

I tried posting from my lounge, but the urge to fall asleep and my sore back soon let me know this wouldn't work either.

So I've enlisted the help of an old ugly towel to do the trick. It's not prestigious, and leaves little red dots and crevices on my legs and bum. I must admit, I had a chuckle to myself when my chair got up from the table with me when SBS first occurred. he he..

Life has moments of delightful silliness. We need silliness and laughter; what's your go-to funny moment to add to our silly season this year?

Cheers and laughter...Sara xoxo

9 Replies 9

MarkJT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Great thread Sara...

1) Sitting at the kids soccer training where a mate, who was going overseas, flying Emirates sees a big plane coming. I said, geez mate that could be your plane on Friday. He says, how did ya know that, some kind of plane freak are ya? I said, nah mate, Emirates is written on the bottom of the plane...do'h

2) My little dog thinks it is a great idea to snuggle up, which is good, but then drop a silent but deadly bomb and walk off leaving the grass singeing smell behind. Gee thanks for that...

3) Coming off nightshift many years ago, working on 2 hrs sleep and arrest a bloke for theft of a cooked chicken. Started the interview and asked him his name...his reply...foghorn leghorn. Fair to say a very hard interview to conduct as was already nearly in tears of laughter.

Mark.

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
When my granddaughter was very young we were driving to Sydney. She's an intelligent little thing & said something we didn't know she understood. My husband, Pa, said "you're a clever little cookie aren't you!". Whereupon GD repield "I'm not a cookie Pa! You can't eat me!!".

Hi and thanks Mark and Yellownanna!

Season merriment to you both...talk about a belly laugh..ha ha ha..

My son asked me once; "Why isn't the sky purple?" I replied; "Because it's blue from Oxygen"

He said; "But why isn't it purple?" I answered again as before. He went on; "You're not listening to me; WHY ISN'T THE SKY PURPLE?!"...I walked off..

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Sara
Firstly to keep this message on topic: I tend to have a fast mouth (not always a real good thing) but once it did come up trumps. I was in a psych ward and by coincidence a fellow member was there too. Due to the generosity of the Powers-That-Be there was a small smokers’ room with no seats and no ventilation other than a window that was jammed open just wide enough to get a fingertip through.

We used to stand in it, smoke and talk. My companion was in the habit of raging against our hierarchy whom he (probably quite rightly) thought were responsible of us ending up mentally injured and in the ward. He’d repeat these tirades for ages, time after time threatening the most horrible (quite impractical & illegal) things that should be done to them. One day I, getting sick of it, blurted out “Can’t you just send them a stern letter?”

Amazingly he broke out into gales of laughter, kept on thinking of it throughout the rest of the day, and to my relief talked about other things for the remainder of my stay.

Now for what I wanted to rabbit on about but didn't know which thread to use: I apologize for telling you what you already know, please take it as a gesture of support and appreciation for your generosity - I’m really being quite selfish as I gain from your posts.

I’ve lurked these forums for a couple of years before starting to post and see several things. People join and cry out. They are often contacted by persons who had umpteen posts and titles like Community Champion. For a long time I succumbed to the ‘god syndrome’ where I regarded those people as authority figures handing out wisdom and peace, not ‘real capable-of-bleeding’ people at all.

Over time I stated to look for their other posts and found they tended to be people who had originally cried/were crying out themselves and were sharing wisdom gained via painful personal experiences, making themselves more vulnerable in the process.

As you know talking via posts does not give the simultaneous sense of relationship and feedback like person-to-person speech. It’s unwieldy, the receiver may be too bound up in their own hurt to reply, succumb to the ‘god syndrome’ or just be stuck what to say. Some may not receive a response due to the volume of helpers posting. Again the crier’s life and opportunities to post may change. They may improve and forget to say thanks, or umpteen other scenarios.

I think would be a great pity if you became more reluctant to post.

Croix

I was taking time off this weekend to rest...until now.

Croix..thanks for the amazing anecdote firstly. As I was reading, the visual's were running thru my mind. I felt your relief...great come-back btw!!!

Now to the second part. I must say you're quite the researcher! Good on you...what you say is spot on my friend.

I wish it wasn't...but alas we too, us champ's, have 'histories' and current circumstances. I'm pretty gob-smacked actually. Unable to think of how to respond. We do get thanked, we really do, but yours is a little more complex. I've never read anything like it tbh. hmm..

It's not unusual to be an onlooker as we get around 70,000 hit's per month, obviously not all post. So welcome and am grateful for your presence.

Still stumped...firstly..bless you. I needed this tonight; I was only going to read and go to bed. Your words are intelligent and gracious...so thankyou.

Prior to becoming a champ, there's plenty of complements to go round. Once those words appeared on top of my Avatar Picture, things changed. People who used to reply to my posts/threads don't anymore...like I've evolved and don't need encouragement. And if they do, the words differ as do the sentiments. Not all mind you, just some.

I do have one thread I use to purge and rant. Only a couple of people contribute, but that's fine. It's a private space for me to just be me without having to address other posters 'cries for help'. It's a place I can fall apart or grieve for instance.

I'm a bit upset tbh. Don't know why...just am. (2 min's later) mmm...ok, What I've cried out for is to be heard, acknowledged and validated. You just did this...very sensitively and wisely. I've wanted to be recognised for my intelligence without being punished or compared. You've given me this as well.

I could rant or carry on with thank-you's galore, but instead I'll say..."Like attracts like" An extremely valuable and worthy post; it 'got thru'...you 'know me'.

I like that...

Humbled...Sara xoxoxox

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

It's always good policy to be nice to people who wield a 'Colt CAR-15 Commando' in their photo:)

Criox

You made me laugh out loud so kudos! I needed that...

I hope you don't mind, but I'm having our posts (yours and mine) moved to 'my' thread. I'd like to keep this thread open for people to contribute their 'funnies'. This issue's a little 'deep' I think.

Our posts have also been read by others and I've received feedback...so thanks again. You rock!

Sara xo

pipsy
Community Member

Hey all who need some comic relief. A little girl is informed by her parents that mum is expecting a baby. She is told that over the next few months, mummy's tummy will grow to accommodate the new arrival. As time passes, indeed mummy's tummy does get bigger, her daddy informs her that soon mummy will go to hospital and come home a few days later with the new baby. When the times comes nana arrives to care for the little girl so mum and dad can go and get this new baby (a brother, as it turns out). The little girl is over the moon, she has a new brother to play with. Some months later Xmas is coming, the little girl is asked what she would like for Xmas. She screws up her face thinking hard. Eventually, she approaches her (nervous) parents and asks, 'I know this could be difficult as it grows, but could I please, please have a pony.

Merry Xmas all

Lynda

Thanks heaps Lynda!!

I laughed out loud and even snorted when I read your story! I'm still laughing thinking about a pony being delivered. Hilarious!

I'd like to repeat something I read on a jokes thread.

3 women having coffee at the home of one of them, start laughing when one says; "I get so confused standing in front of my open fridge door wondering why I'm there"

The next says; "I do the same at the bottom of my stairs sometimes wondering if I was going up or down. Am I crazy?"

The 3rd lady exclaims; "Oh I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that sort of stuff! Touch wood." She wraps on her wooden table 3 times, looks around and squeals; "Oh, there's someone at the door...I'll get it!"

The other ladies look at each other and roll their eyes...