FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BB SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY GROUP

Community Member

Peaceful greetings one and all,

Come in and sit down.

Bring your mind and leave your worries at the door.

No Judgement "just " open doors.

There is no wrong or right.

Feel free to express your views.

Any subject, any time.

Except I may not reply straight away.

You may not want to reply at all.

Leave your mind open for change.

Feel free to philosphize amongst yourself.

Young, old, male, female, any race, religion or belief.

You can express your thoughts anyway you like. Song, poems, stories, wit, profile pics, numbers etc etc.

However you like, because is your life, your view, your words.......

We must try and stay on topic.

Until we all feel that topic concluded.

Unless the topic changes direction.

No rules.

Anyone want to start?

Peace and equality to all.

18 Replies 18

Community Member

New topic...............

GENDER EQUALITY...............I believe all should be treated equal................

Gender equality, also known as sex equality, gender egalitarianism, sexual equality, or equality of the genders, is the view that everyone should receive equal treatment and not be discriminated against based on their gender. This is one of the objectives of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which seeks to create equality in law and in social situations, such as in democratic activities and securing equal pay for equal work. In practice, the objective of gender equality is for people to acquire, if they so choose, equal treatment throughout a society, not just in politics, the workplace, or any other policy-designated sphere. - WIKIPEDIA.

Some thoughts..........

Combating gender stereotypes and sexism

Preventing and combating violence against women

Guaranteeing Equal Access of Women to Justice

Achieving balanced participation of women and men in political and public decision-making

Ok they are thoughts.....anyone have more thoughts.....anyone want to make some questions?

I'll leave it open.........

Peace

Community Member

More thoughts; from my perspective as a male single parent.

Can a male raise a child as well as a female?

Is child raising help mainly related to the female prospective?

Is it a primary female instinct?

Can men have feminine intuition? Or is this seen as iffy?

I might reseach more about mammal carers...........

This is interesting me.....

Any other perspective?

I'll leave it open......

Peace

topsy_
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Re: gender equality

I was a single mum to 3 daughters. One Christmas I decided to give the girls a Tonka truck each instead of dolls. They sat outside in the sandpit rusting away.

Next Christmas I thought fishing rods were the go. Until....... I realised if they ever caught a fish I was the one who was going to have to deal with it! Me? A butchers daughter? What did I know about fish?

Result - I gave them a doll each instead. Attempt at gender equalisation...... OVER!!!!

Community Member

Thank you yellownanna,

Your perspective was very appealing.

I read 3 daughters, no boys and gender equalization over.

I'll leave it open for another prospective.........

Peace

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Matt

Yellownanna .....a realist....and good on her...

Preventing and combating violence against women.....A valid and important topic. There are a ton of males that take out their anger on a female partner. There are also many males that are victims of (domestic) violence too...I am one of them.

Even during/after a verbal disagreement there is no justification for violence from one partner to another no matter the gender. I have never laid a hand on a female (or male). I am 87 kilos and have been bashed by a 45kilo female partner after a verbal disagreement. Admitted to hospital for 24 hours with many stitches on my head...paramedics...time of work...etc etc. 2kilo glass vase thrown from 3 meters to my head....ouch!

The violence towards women is a disgrace..........The violence from women towards men is just as vile

Great post Matt with a plethora of subject titles too! I just thought I'd support the guys that have been victims of physical violence from a female.

Life experience speaks volumes

kind thoughts

Paul

Community Member

Hi Paul,

I read pride being swollowed. Its hard for a male to admit stuff like that. I was emotionally abused in a relationship, taken for a ride. No violence but feel your prespective.

Gender equality being 2 sided. True.

I might add that this is not judgement. Sight that i see.

Lets see another prespective.......

Peac3

Community Member

New questions....

Is gender equality about making everyone the same?

Or is it respecting each gender equally?

Is violence physical or emotional good in gender equality?

I'll leave it open......

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hiya Matt - great thread! I'm not touching gender equality sorry because the lack of it pushes my buttons big time. Old fashioned hairy-legged humourless feminist and mother and step-grandmother of daughters here, no prizes for guessing my thoughts. As for violence - violence is violence, no matter who perpetrates it.

I would like to broach another subject close to my heart - marriage equality. I'll give my thoughts from a personal perspective.

I have two adult daughters, my eldest lives in the UK, but if they chose to come home, this would be the situation:

Both my children can work, pay taxes, set up home with a partner, raise children, belong to the military and fight for our country overseas, stand for parliament, get arrested if they break the law, buy property, contribute to the economy, worship at a church, join professional associations, be teachers, be doctors, contribute to the community, be volunteers, be Australian of the Year even.

Only one of them can marry the person they love. They are equal in every other way. Why the difference, on something so fundamental?

Cheers

Kaz

Community Member

Hi zazzl,

I read your desire and passion for equality.I believe in choice. If we can all live in equality the world would be a happy place. 😊

Im all for equal rights across the board in equality. This issue with bias is the wedge placed that separate veiws.

You have definitely raised more questions which will be looked into.

I wrote a story this morning which I'm going to post that may look contradictory to this belief. Believe me it's not.

This is only the sight I saw with my eyes this morning.

Peace.