FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Paul Eight said that to me me in the Cafe that people were once allowed to have their photo as profile pitcure but i wasnt sure.Yes it would be good idea and I would have a photo of me as my profile pitcure.

Hanna3
Community Member
I am concerned about the coronavirus thread. Without instructions to listen to government health instructions I fear the post is encouraging increasing alarm and panic, and posts which object to instructions about physical distancing, directions in stores about where to stand/wait etc, are potentially encouraging people on the forum to disregard government directions and thus endanger the rest of the community, as well as themselves.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I would not mind to put my photo etc but i think i would feel uncomfortable knowing that the posts could be viewed by the general public in google searches. I like to share with people here but not with the whole internet.

I agree with you Hanna, I keep seeing stuff about it on these threads, the news, etc. I try to avoid them because I have enough on my mind.

And love your profile picture by the way, looks so pretty.

I have another suggestion, maybe there could be an option to change usernames? No big deal because that's fine.

And how about a way where you can check in on someone? There's been a few people who have randomly gone off here who I've talked to, and I'm worried about them, so perhaps email the mods asking to check on them or something? But of course I don't want to trigger and make anyone uncomfortable, just worried about their safety that's all. But that's understandable.

- Tayla.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hanna,

I think all effort is made to recommend links to beyond blue articles which follow government guidelines and all effort is made to keep the thread positive and to promote the govt guidelines..

Can it be made clear how to contact the moderators. I believe a post on the coronavirus thread should be removed and yet it is still there and I think it is important that any post which discourages following government recommended social distancing should be removed. I consider the same for any post which talks about conspiracy theories as this causes further alarm. This is serious and needs to be addressed please.

Quirky i'm sorry but I disagree. There are posts there that should be removed or moderated, that discourage following government guidelines and also cause further alarm.

Yes Sleepy I have read whole discussions on BB on Google by accident when searching for something else!

Hello Everyone,

We hope you’re safe and well and thank-you for all your suggestions.

We’ll have a proper response to your suggestions later tonight or over the weekend. We apologise for this inconvenience but as you can imagine it has been very busy tonight across the social media platforms.

We’d just like to let Hanna know that we’ve replied to her via email. However, if you haven’t yet received our email Hanna, you can contact us here: modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

Thanks, everyone. 

Also, we'll be reviewing the content posted on the "Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak" thread to ensure no problematic content exists. However, we'd encourage you all to report any posts you feel are breaching the community rules or are encouraging harmful behaviour.

Thanks again everyone.