FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can we improve the forums? Your suggestions and comments please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, this thread is a running commentary for all members on things for improvements to the forums. This can be anything from how it looks, the categories, to moderation, community rules etc.

While we might not be able to implement everything straightaway, or keep everyone happy all of the time, we'd like to hear about what you think we can do better.

This is not a thread for discussing the moderation or editing of individual posts - if you have questions about this please contact the team offline via email modsupport@beyondblue.org.au

To avoid repeating suggestions already received, below are some results from our last user survey giving an indication of which new features people would like to see on the forums. This survey was answered by 1,597 users:

44% - Email notification when I have a reply on the forum
39% - Access to the forums via an app
27% - Ability to block seeing posts by specific users
25% - Ability to contact users privately
25% - Ability to use emoticons
25% - Ability to follow posts by specific users
24% - Ability to share links
23% - Forum posts visible only to registered users
22% - A profile, viewable by others users, where I can introduce myself
21% - Ability to quickly access all posts by a particular user
15% - Ability to tag users in a conversation
10% - Ability to share images
6% - Ability to share videos
17% - None of these

Update July 2022 - This discussion has now been closed. Please go to the updated version below to share feedback and follow our updates:

How can we improve the Forums?

957 Replies 957

HI Moon

I haven't come across quite that problem but I was finding it impossible to find my thread recently on my phone and for some reason restarting the phone a couple of times seemed to fix it.

I hope someone comes up with a better idea but might be worth a try?

How frustrating for you!

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Moon and Hanna

I used to be able to access the forum from my phone and it took me directly to the page that showed my threads. Since the most recent maintenance I can no longer do this. I wonder if there’s a connection?

Kind thoughts to you

Hi all,

I too am having problems getting to my threads on my phone since the last maintenance shut-down. I can do it, but it's long winded and very roundabout. Going to the home page, scrolling down to forum entries and hitting "join discussion" got me in. Very frustrating on an already tired and disoriented mind, especially when I have to do that for every single thread I want to check.

Blue.

I've had the same problem Summer Rose!

Guest_4643
Community Member
I tried to go on the forums last night, and it was offline for an hour or so? Whilst I realise that there are other resources like helplines (this may not be beneficial for everyone), I think we should be notified of when the forums/website is down & how long it will take, like send us an email.

Hi mb20lover

always great to see you see you on the forums! Unfortunately we are only notified through the Welcome & Orientation thread re any upcoming maintenance on the forums. Maintenance is usually scheduled from midnight or 1am EST onwards. No one knows how long it will take as its Beyond Blue contractors doing the work. I think Geoff mentioned a similar issue above yet there wont be any email notifications to members

kindest always

Paul

Hello all..I seem to be back on to My Threads access on my phone. Don't ask me what I did..but it's almost it's old self again...strange times we live in...

ProjectTeam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone

Just dropping in to give you an update - you may have seen we have a new thread open called 'Forums changes - updates thread'.

We've created this new thread to provide weekly updates on the work we're doing to upgrade and re-design the forums - work we're very excited to be embarking on.

We decided to create a new thread so that we can easily link people to it and to keep a designated space to talk about the upcoming changes.

However, we'd like to keep this thread open as well for ongoing feedback about broader issues / requests / feedback about the forums. This thread has been such a valuable source of insight so thank you for all the contributions you've provided.

As well as continuing to post your feedback here (which we are always reading), I encourage you to jump over to the new thread to check out the weekly updates and let us know what you think.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/re-designing-and-upgrading-the-online-forums/forums-changes---updates-thread

Thank you so much !

Hi ProjectTeam!

The bb forums would improve imo, if > please develop a set of consistent Community Rules. 

Is there a way if and any thread/s someone has created themselves, that that person can then have access to their own list they have started.

I could go to 'My Threads' and scroll through page after page but this would take too long, maybe it could be put under 'My Account' (?)

I tried to remember the name of a thread I started a while ago and couldn't remember the title, so I typed in the search bar different titles but nothing appeared, simply because I typed the wrong name of the thread.

Geoff.