FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Severe death anxiety

Mrjoseph
Community Member
My thoughts!
Was talking to a friend saying I've been through so much in life hence why I feel so old ( im 25 ) then suddenly my mind turned to what if you feel so old because your time is up then I started thinking is my time really up? And the anxiety started. I've had a death anxiety for a while but I've been able to control it because of my faith every time I do a good thing I say to myself what if im doing all this good because I might die soon I've completely changed I've become so different Ive completely 360 degree changed since September 2017 now it's September 2018 I've become so nice it's scaring me im never like this and I know it's a good thing but my mind questions if im so good now because Im about to die and enter heaven, I know sounds dramatic but that's what plays out in my mind. Thank God im not sick im physically A ok so there's no need for me to think like this. I've been going through some really big changes in my life all positive and moving on to bigger and better things has anyone experienced something like this before?
1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Mrjoseph, thanks for coming to the site.

I think this feeling is quite common and certainly have nothing to worry about, it happens because the transformation from being 17 then 21 comes along so quickly so now you can do anything you want and because you've had so many changes in your life, moving to bigger and better things in life it changes your aspect on life.

Remember when you were 5 or 6 you didn't like your auntie kissing you, then at 15 all you wanted was to turn 16 so you learn how to drive, then 18 you can legally drink and all you wanted to do was be 21, and I remember at that age all I thought of was someone at 30 was old.

Then 50 was ancient, but if you believe in a faith and that comforts you, and that's what suits you, then you will feel contentment and it certainly doesn't mean anything than being happy.

Many changes can happen once you turn 25, you fall in love and decide to marry, have children and your career can change as many times as you want, it's a great time in life, I wish I was that age once again.

Don't worry, being good now doesn't mean your times up.

Enjoy your life.

Geoff.