FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Announcement Icon
You can win one of three $200 gift cards. Complete our survey by 5pm, 30 June 2024 AEST to enter the draw. Your response will be anonymous so you can't be identified.

My anxiety symptoms

Casper121
Community Member

Hi I'm Casper for 7 months I've had "anxiety" I've been having symptoms such as heart palpitations " getting skinny even tho I'm not losing weight" I've had dry eyes for 5 months also I've been having random bruises on my body "my body is aching all the time

Also it feels like the back of my head is either pushed in or pushed out, I keep feeling my pulse,and my tummy feels empty even tho I've eaten, someone please tell me are these symptoms common also please tell me what symptoms you have had, cheers Casper

2 Replies 2

hanne6
Community Member

Hi Casper,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this.

I can relate to those physical symptoms of anxiety. Often I get heart palpitations and my body feels weak and aching. At one point I was struggling to eat well and felt nauseous because of anxiety and this caused unhealthy weight loss which only made the symptoms much much worse. I ended up focusing on these symptoms so much that I was constantly repeating to myself that I felt sick over and over again during the day.

It was very surprising to me that anxiety could leave me feeling not only mentally drained, but so physically exhausted.

Hearts1974
Community Member
Hi there Casper I have been going through Anxiety badly recently and getting some of those symptoms. Heart beats really fast and can’t get it to stop also feel like it’s in my throat. I also have a niggling cough which drives me nuts. I hope you are doing well 😊