FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Medication for severe health anxiety

B4
Community Member

Hi , just wanting to reach out and ask a couple of questions . 

I have severe health anxiety which I have had for a long time but is now so much worse . 

I have been on antidepressants for 15 years same one . Has any body been on medication for this and felt not working anymore ? 
can your body get us to it and need a change ? 

just interested if anyone else has felt or been thru this and changed meds . 
did it help ? 

thank u 😊 

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi B4, 
Thank you for sharing today. We can't encourage specific medications or provide medical advice here, but we hope our community can discuss their lived experience on this topic. Remember that for the best possible guidance your GP is your best resource. You can also call Health Direct for any questions regarding medications and side effects. If you need further support today please reach out to us directly on 1300 22 3646 or use
our webchat to speak to one of our counsellors online: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support .
Thanks again for sharing. We hope you'll hear back from the lovely community in response to your post sometime today and that there's some comfort in that for you. 

Kind regards,
Sophie M

shelly777
Community Member

Hello I also suffer from severe health anxiety and have for many years, but only recently started medication so I can’t give you much feedback in regards to your medication question but I would love to have a chat with you in regards to how you deal with your symptoms in general I haven’t actually ever spoken to anybody else that has the health anxiety like myself