FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Intense visual disturbances - Anxiety?

Eyeanxiety
Community Member
So the past 3 and a half months my vision is seeming to play up quite a lot; distorted vision, blurred, more sensitive to light, tunnel like vision, and visual snow- these on top of what I believe I have known as scotomas. These visual disturbances first happened during a very stressful period where the family dog almost died from a spinal injury and uni exams, mostly one of the class which I needed to repeat. It has been coming in waves ever since then and seems to get a little worse every now and then. I've seen an optometrist, ophthalmologist, go, and recently a neurologist and all say my eyes are structurally healthy but neurologist wrote me a referral for a MRI and Optic field test and wrote in his clinical notes that is a chance of scotomas, anterior optic dysfunction, or retrobulbar/chiasmal lesions in the brain. I've had the MRI though I assume nothing serious was found as no one has contacted me but I want answers for what seems like my declining vision but I'm getting nothing and it's making me more anxious because it's something that can possibly be treated but will possibly become permanent if needed to wait longer.
10 Replies 10

himani_s
Community Member

Hey

I feel the same

I have had torn retina in my both eyes before and i got a treatment for that like for 2 years ago now but I have been suffering from vision anxiety till then

the flashes never goes away i feep like i am loosing my vision every day i feel like i have a blind spots and i am living with this fear for past 2 years.

i visit optometrist very often like everytime

they say my eyes are fine but still I don’t feel anything right