FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Income insurance

Jbitossi
Community Member
Has any access income insurance for anxiety and panic disorder and have any information. Was your claim successful, if not do you know why.
5 Replies 5

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jbitossi, just putting your comment back on to page 1.

Geoff.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jbitossi, it is possible to get life insurance as well as income insurance, but you'll be asked several different questions when applying and this may include a report from your doctor, which the insurance pay for, and with income insurance, if it has been accepted and you're paying the premium, but unfortunately become ill, especially for mental reasons, then the insurance company will want a report from your doctor, the medication you've been prescribed as well as a report from your psychologist/psychiatrist detailing your condition and the predicted time you may be off work.

After a certain time, they will once again need reports from these doctors just to be updated, then a decision will be made once again.

These insurance companies need to be thorough and so does the client making sure all the documents are provided and up to date.

Good luck.

Geoff.

Alisterblack
Community Member

It's always best to do your research and read the fine print before purchasing any insurance policy.

RicardopPandelan
Community Member
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time with anxiety and panic disorder. As for income insurance, I don't have any personal experience with it, but I've heard that some policies may cover mental health conditions. However, it's best to read the policy details and talk to the insurance company to make sure. Just a thought. I hope you find the support and resources you need.

Juniensein
Community Member

Well, I've heard varied experiences from others. It's essential to thoroughly review your policy to understand what it covers and what documentation is needed for a successful claim. Sometimes, insurers may request additional medical records or assessments to support your claim. It's also helpful to reach out to the insurer directly to clarify any uncertainties you may have. Take care!