FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I think someone's in my head

AplaceToStart
Community Member

recently, I've been finding anxiety almost unbearable at times. my heart thumps when i try to relax, i can never think straight anymore, i can't focus on my schoolwork and all i can do is sit and think of worlds and stories that I've created in my head. but now, it seems it's getting worse. sometimes, random characters (from movies, TV shows etc) will just appear out of no-where and start talking to me in my head. sometimes i'll get carried away and even talk out loud. i'm starting to be afraid of everyone and everything because of it and it has gotten to the point where i even call her things like "whatshername" or something like that. i don't know how this came on so quickly, but i don't know if i'm OK.

any help at all would be appreciated, thank you.

2 Replies 2

murphy_sam
Community Member
have you spoken with a doctor? I do not know how old you are but school counsellor or some work places provide counselling services.

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Aplacetostart

Welcome to the bb forum and thank you for sharing your story.

Sounds like there's a fair bit happening for you at the moment, and I can understand why you feel scared and confused. I'm really sorry that you are feeling so unwell.

I'd like to suggest that you make an appointment to see your GP. Please make a double appointment so you can talk through your concerns properly without feeling rushed. This is your best first step towards working out what's happening and getting the right help.

How does that sound to you?

Kind thoughts to you