FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't sleep at night because I just think of work the next day? Only working part-time!

Jessksch
Community Member

I've been trying a new medication and started this week on it. I feel fine but last week I have been "painfully" uncomfortable on a different medication, no matter the position I was in, I felt uncomfortable.

I have a holiday planned next month for two weeks, but lately I just feel so crap, I just feel like after work I don't get enough time to relax even though I work part time! Then evening comes and I don't feel tired still, just want to still do things before work but I should be going to bed and can't relax even though this medication is supposed to make me tired.

4 Replies 4

WishyBee
Community Member

You’re doing well to be working at all while you adjust to medication, so go easy on yourself. Hopefully your holiday will give you some time to relax and reset without having to worry about work.

Yeah I haven't been sleeping well at all lately: just have anxiety nightmares.  I have no idea how people do it full time.

Now it's 1:50am and I woke up because of the street sweeper going off! I am so stressed because I feel good but still in energized and unmotivated to go today.

But I don't want to be lazy! I just don't ever know if I should push myself or relax and take a day off

I've taken a day off now for today: I feel less anxious and I have been doing it once a month which seems not to be much a problem at my work. I just feel so overwhelmed and feel there is no time to really relax , people look at me weird when I tell them I work part-time but still feel like my relaxing time is deprived!

I feel shit seeing my partner work so much though, even though he is NOT supporting me financially, I feel so guilty I can "indulge" in time off and he has to work to the bone for us.

There is no shame in taking time to manage your mental health (even though society may disagree 😠) .

If one sick day a month helps and there is no problem with your work - it’s worth taking time off. You work part time in paid employment, however not sleeping and feeling stressed adds to your mental workload. Do whatever works for you and helps you feel less overwhelmed. It is important to address the mental load you carry no matter what society or other people think.