FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling alone

Twinklestar_774
Community Member

Feeling alone, blank ,lost,cry and just can't think, feel like I'm hurting but I'm not , these feeling come in waves for no reason . I hate feeling that way , I wont I stop and never show up again😭

Please help thankyou 

2 Replies 2

GreenEgg
Community Member

Hi Twinklestar

I’m only just starting my own recovery so I’m not sure how best to help, but I wanted to let you know that I read your post and I am here if you want to talk. Can you tell us a little more about what is going on?

I know what it feels like to be blank, lost and sad for no reason. Sometimes there is no reason and that’s ok. The pressure of feeling like you need to justify a feeling often seems to make things worse, or at least that’s my experience.

I’m also slowly realising maybe there are reasons that I just wasn’t aware of - for me personally, I’ve realised that I’m very critical of myself so I’ve started trying to practice being being kinder to myself.

G

TLD1968
Community Member

Hi ,

First and foremost , you are not alone. Many of us in this forum resonate with what you are feeling. Secondly never try and compare yourself with anyone else. You are a very special individual with very real emotional responses. I felt alone and shattered, and endured most of how you are feeling. My days are still tough , the couple of things I have found helpful are , be honest with yourself , keep talking through your journey, start a journal of feeling , in this journal be honest and look at things around you , write it down , it doesn't have to make sense. Your journal is a private place , for you only. Have a look at the Mindfulness page , some really simple things for you to do for yourself.

Take small steps. You have already taken a step in the right direction, well done. Welcome to where kindred people meet.

T