FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dizziness/pressure in head

annabay
Community Member

Hi there,

at the moment I’m coming off a medication (only one week of being on it) as side effects were too severe. Since I’ve stopped it I’m experiencing extreme dizziness and this really heavy pressure in my head which makes it feel really tight and like my head is about to fall off!

Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It’s very debilitating and scary even though my doctors have said it’s normal.

1 Reply 1

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi annabay,

Thanks for your post. I'm really glad that you talked about this with your GP since they are the expert and can give you the best advice.

I have absolutely experienced this. I'm on some medication now and doing well with it, but I have had terrible side effects - including dizziness. Sometimes I would just sit on the floor because I was wobbly and so convinced I would fall. Sometimes the side effects ease, even if they are too intense - and sometimes it just means the medication is just not for you.

I know that it can be debilitating and scary but know that it will end eventually, and your GP is right - it is normal.

Hope this eases your worries a little bit

rt