FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

anyone suffering physical anxiety symptoms

Joey7
Community Member

I've been having more and more physical anxiety symptoms and they are really starting to scare me I suffer from health anxiety so these symptoms are making me terrified and taking over my every day life. Has anyone else suffered from physical anxiety symptoms and if so what type of symptoms have you had and how did you deal with them. I just don't see how these weird symptoms and sensations are from severe anxiety I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle sometimes. 

SIMILAR THREADS

Anxiety physical symptoms

Physical anxiety symptoms

I feel ok mentally. But now physical symptoms. Confused if they belong to underlying anxiety and dep...

Physiological symptoms of anxiety 

107 Replies 107

strangebrew
Community Member

Hi Joey,

I have depression, daily anxiety and panic disorder. I get daily physical anxiety symptoms. I usually get some or most every day, the severity depending on if I am having a good day or a bad day. If I am in full blown panic attack or migraine I may get all.

Nausea, Headaches (base of skull and above eyes), Acid Reflux/Heartburn, disorientation, difficulty focusing, head zaps (feeling like electric pulses in my brain), light headedness or dizziness, tight chest/breathing difficult, increased heart rate and breathing rate, fatigue, severe sensitivity to light or sound sources, and vomiting (can be frequent).

These are the most frequent and regular symptoms I get, most of these I have medication or other methods to deal with, but on really bad days I cannot function at all.

Do any of these seem similar to your symptoms? What symptoms do you get recently?

thanks

SB

Zygote
Community Member

I get rashes under my knees, on the side of my leg, also shooting electric like shocks in my sternum, tight chest and feels like somethings trying to get out, tireness, ulcers sometimes but they're terrible, put me in bed for a week with severe pain.  Pricklie sensations from the tips of my toes to the top of my head lol, mostly when I feel embarrassed but sometimes just for no reason.

Friggin horrible this anxiety.

Iskallos
Community Member

Yes, I've been getting physical symptoms for a while now. Particularly fatigue, tingling in my limbs, muscle twitches, headaches, blurry eyes and sharp pains in seemingly random places. This has only been happening the past few months and I don't really have a way of dealing with it yet, I just try and bear with it and calm down the best I can. 

Honestly, I don't see how anxiety can cause these either but the proof is all there. I hope it starts getting better for all of us soon.

macdan
Community Member

Yes I get the physical symptoms with relapses- muscle pain, hot and cold, tingling.  Usually with the right meds I can settle these, drink lots of water, eat right, not the time to overdo coffee and alcohol. All the stuff we know. I think of it as a bit like just being in a near miss car crash- my body is full of adrenaline and getting ready to take off or prepare for attack which is why I get physical symptoms. And that's also why it's exhausting being that way- overdose of adrenaline. Massage sometimes helps, green tea to absorb the toxins being produced, wrap up in a blanket.

Anyway this website has all the tips but it does happen, hang in there.

Cazbaz01903
Community Member
Hi Joey. I'm 50 and suffer with what I think as REALLY weird! When I wake in the morning I think how am I possibly going to get through the day? I go up one flight of stairs to work and feel as though I can't breathe and am going to pass out and die. If I exert myself even to wash the floor I feel I can't breathe, all day I am thinking about my breath and think every one is my last. My doctor put me on medication a year ago, but that doesn't help. I worry constantly about absolutely everything, the news, my children, especially my youngest, if he goes out with his dad to walk the dog I think a wild dog is going to bite him or a car will run off the road and kill him etc., I am also constantly so tired, and have two prolapsed discs which don't help as I am in constant pain. I have resorted to meditation, and am booked in next week, will let you know if this helps x may all of you that are on this site find some calm somewhere, even if you think your tips are silly please suggest, as it may bring relief to someone 🙂

Anon357
Community Member

Depends on the severity of my anxiety (health anxiety sufferer) usually during a period I can suffer

muscle twitching, weakness in extremities, breathless doing house chores, numbness feeling in legs sometimes in just one leg, I shiver (like someone walked over my grave) type shiver all the time head to toe eg I can just be talking to someone about my anxiety and it will happen or someone will touch me and it can happen, tense neck muscles, shaky hands, I do get fatigue but not that often, I also feel insecure about myself. At the moment I have all those symptoms and it sucks! The worst bout I have had. I have recognised I am going through an anxiety "relapse" and seeking help. Antidepressants don't work for me! 

Agree with meditation and breathing techniques.

Anon357
Community Member

Also forgot to mention when I have a panic attack those symptoms are exaggerated ten fold. Then once I settle down the symptoms of weakness ect go back to what they were and I'm more shaky for the next hour or so. Then the convincing little voice in my head continues on and on.

Joey7
Community Member

Thanks everyone for your posts it's like a roller coaster ride that I feel is  never ending I get a symptom then am fixated on that symptom so much until it finally goes which makes it 100 times worse but some last for weeks which freaks me out more and yes that voice in your head that keeps telling me it's something life threatening and terrible. I can't relax I wake up anxious and can feel my body so tense as soon as I open my eyes I have no idea what it's like to be relaxed anymore I wish I could just feel free and relaxed for once but I'm constantly on edge and with having the symptoms convince myself it's some type of disease. Sometimes the symptoms are so strange you think how can this be anxiety even though you have read the symptoms over and over again. Feeling so frustrated  and like will I ever feel normal again. I wish all of you the very best !! 

Joey7
Community Member

Also when you have had physical anxiety symptoms how long have you had them last for ???