FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety

reverend
Community Member

I suffer from anxiety obsessive compulsive disorder I always feel a need to cough so o cough my lungs out every second of the day 24/7 and it’s very tiring physically I feel like I’m gonna die I realy need help 

2 Replies 2

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi reverend,

Im so sorry you are feeling this way I understand.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have a lived experience of severe anxiety OCD and it was a very debilitating exhausting condition to go through.

Have you ever seeked professional help for what you are experiencing?

I understand that when we are experiencing this disorder we feel the need to do certain things so that nothing bad will happen to ourselves or someone we love ( in my case).

I use to believe I had to perform certain compulsion so that nothing bad would happen to anyone.

I also experienced intrusive thoughts that terrified me they would send my anxiety up to severe levels.

I was stuck in a vicious OCD cycle and it was unrelenting.

The good news is I broke free of the vicious cycle of OCD after receiving professional help. I’ve been free of this cycle for many years so please don’t loose hope because you too can learn how to break free.

One of the things I learned in therapy was how to challenge my thoughts and beliefs I found this to be helpful.

We also learned some exposure exercises.

and many more things that was designed to intervene with the OCD cycle I was stuck in.

Please ask me anything 

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello reverend,

I'm so sorry you're going through this tiring experience. As Petal22 has mentioned, seeking professional help may be the best course of action. Reach out to your GP, let them know how you're feeling and hopefully they will be able to support you in finding help. 

Beeee