FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mobi_2020
Community Member
Hi, I am new here and still trying to learn my way around the site. A little about me. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. I have tried different medications over the years. I have had a lot of trauma in my life. This all became to much for me recently and i made an attempt just over 3 weeks ago. I am currently finding things very difficult. I am not very good at reaching out for help....obviously. I know everyone says call anytime day or night but for me it is not that easy. I know i have many who love me but sometimes it just feels so lonely and everyone is so busy with their own lives in these crazy times. I am hoping to be able to maybe chat or read others stories of how they have coped & been able to progress & move forward. What I have recently been through has been very confronting in some ways & I am also feeling a lot of guilt. I don't currently know how to talk about it or who to talk to. I have just started with a new psychologist so I am hoping that it a start.
6 Replies 6

Sophie_M
Hi there, Mobi 2020!

We are very glad you have reached out for help here in the forums, and joined our community here in the forums. It takes a lot of resilience - thank you for sharing with us what you have been through lately.

We would like to invite you to reach out to our counselling teams here at Beyond Blue - you can call or webchat 24/7, with the link above or 1300 22 4636

Also remember that you can reach out to Lifeline in moments of crisis as well at 13 11 14. But if at ANY point you feel like you are struggling to keep yourself safe, then please see it as an emergency and call 000 immediately!

We know that there are many community members here who can easily empathise and will want to say hi very soon, but in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, Mobi!

Reagrds,

Sophie M.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Mobi 2020,

Wellcome to our forums.

Im really sorry for what you have been going through I understand this must be difficult for you.

Im so glad that you are still here and that you have found us.

Its great that you are seeing a psychologist.

There is so much hope for you and you really can learn how to move forward from what you are going through with the correct help.

I understand anxiety I have a lived experience of severe anxiety OCD this condition felt like a marathon but it’s a marathon that I won.

I had professional help, from receiving this professional help it lead me to recovery but it took time.

Be kind to yourself and hold onto hope.

We are here as a community to chat to you and support you please reach out to us anytime.

Mobi_2020
Community Member

TRIGGER WARNING!!

Thank you Sophie & Petal. Am really struggling atm. Has been just over 3 weeks & am really struggling to see a way forward. I have been seeing a psychologist for a while now but feel she was not the rite fit for me. The way back program have organized a new psychologist that i started with last Wednesday, so here is hoping for forward movement. I just feel so overwhelmed and plagued with guilt, fear, sadness, feel worthless and mostly angry that i failed. Am currently so lost & broken. Just can't seem to shake it no matter how hard I seem to try. I have had a couple of days that have been ok but majority of the time feel i am just putting on the usual mask to make out that I am ok when deep down I am so far from ok

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Mobi, it does take courage to post your own thread, so well done.

It's kind for people to say ring me at anytime of the day as they want to help you, however, it's not that easy for you or anyone else, because you may feel as though you are interrupting them, point taken, but with any type of mental illness, you need someone who you can talk with.

With your psychologist, can you write down what troubles you and if you can do this in point form, this only makes it easier for them to read, rather than a letter, then exactly what has happened is on the letter.

We know how difficult all of this is for you, but the longer we try and cover up any of it, the worst is, it will disturb you.

Just take your time, the psychologist will try and find out why and will definitely want to help you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Dear Mobi 2020

Thank you for posting about your confusion in our forum. We would encourage you to consider the strength you used to write this post. It is that internal strength that can help you to start finding your way out from the darkness.

We especially want to applaud your ability to recognise that you were unable to connect with your psychologist, so you are changing to a new psychologist. This is very important. Many of us feel we must stick with our mental health, or physical health, professional, even though we are uncomfortable with the particular professional. In many cases, we are free to change to a new professional whenever we decide this is what we need.

We hope it works better with your new Psychologist.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

That’s ok Mobi 2020 happy to support you…I’m sorry you are struggling at the moment I understand it’s really hard to deal with…..

I understand that you can’t see a way forward yet but you will….. just give it time…

I understand that when we are surrounded by the darkness it can feel very overwhelming and scary but just keep persevering you will see the light again.

I hope you will find a connection with your new psychologist.

I’m here to chat to you…