FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My short introduction

Childatheart
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a young female adult who has some mental health difficulties. I have overcome a lot of mental health difficulties, but I am still trying hard to overcome more some. I just wanted to pop in and say hello.

5 Replies 5

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Childatheart,

Good on you for saying hello here 🙂 It’s lovely having you on board...

It sounds like you have been through a lot, and that you’re still facing some battles...there’s obviously no obligation or pressure but would you like to tell us a little more about how things are going?

Kind and caring thoughts,

Pepper

Ludwig
Community Member

Hi Childatheart,

Allow me to introduce myself. I go by Ludwig because I love classical music and Beethoven is my favourite composer! I too am a young adult going through mental health difficulties, but I have been inspired to help others and that's why I'm here.

Could I please recommend a Youtube video for you to watch?

It's a song from a musical that has helped me immensely, and I hope it does the same for you.

Type this in the Youtube search: "Dear Evan Hansen you will be found", and click on the video that says "Original Broadway Cast Recording"

Have a listen and let me know if it helps.

Sincerely,

Ludwig

Guest_672
Community Member
Hello childtatheart welcome this is a fantastic place with fantastic people. Good on you for overcoming alot of mental health issues. I know its a hard road ahead for you and anyone with mental illness but were all here to help. By the way i love your username😊

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Childatheart, welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out to us.

Trying to overcome any type of mental health difficulties is not an easy feat, it hasn't been for many of us and I'm sorry that you have struggled so much.

I hope you can trust and allow us to hear what you want to say and I'm sure you maybe able to assist in other threads.

I'd like to welcome Ludwig and have enjoyed the youtube song and your help will also be of great benefit to all of us.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

@peppermintbatch,

Life is looking okay now, thanks for asking. My short back story is I've had depression and anxiety for years. I'm in my early twenties now.My preteen and teenage years were awful, as many problems arised during this time.However now that I'm older and wiser I've made better decisions. I finished school a few years ago, and studied shortly after. I've been working as well for a few years now. I'm changing jobs though, but it's okay.I'm seeking professional help as well and I'm getting there.

@ludwig, thanks for your music link suggestion. I will watch it soon. I don't mind classical music, I think it's cool.

@whitewolfwarrior, yes I agree getting on the road to positive mental health is hard but really worth it. I'll keep pushing through and keep on trying.

@geoff, thanks I will trust others with the forum, as it's a safe place. I will reach out to others as well. I've already done so.

Thanks so much everyone for replying to my post. I didn't expect four responses over night. 😀