FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Hello

Rob_1994
Community Member

Hello,

I've opened this account a while back but this is my first time interacting here. I'm not very good at explaining what my issues are and unironically that's one of them. What I do know is that I need help with so many things and letting them out may take time for me. Though I can say is that I can't find reasons to stay motivated and all of the simplest tasks feel like an effort to me. I'm hoping I can get something out of this, I've been in a pool of despair for as long as I can remember and I need reason to carry on with my life. I look forward to meeting new people here.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Rob, welcome to the forums and although you've opened an account with us it's not easy to know how to explain what you are struggling with because so many different factors, items and/or problems not only tend to confuse us, but they change every single moment of your day, so how can you pinpoint one particular concern when there are so many, that does make it very difficult for you.

Most have been in the same position, especially when a psychologist/doctor asks how can they help you, what do you say and what you've said may not be the worst problem, so try and write your issues, then walk away and come back to what you've written and other hidden problems will emerge that have been pushed back to the back of your mind.

Just take it slowly as we begin to talk other developments will follow, you can't rush any of this, but so pleased you have posted.

Geoff.

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Rob, Thankyou for your post and Welcome to the forum

Sometimes we cant describe the way we feel into words. It dosnt matter how much time you take as long as you get there in the end. Every day can be a struggle even finding the energy to get out of bed and get dressed is a mission
To help with this i try and remember what im greatful for and i set goals as well as exercising too.
There is lots of support here on the forum for you

If you want to talk this through with a Beyond Blue counsellor, we’re on 1300 22 4636 or you can reach us on webchat. It can really help to talk things like this through. Please remember to reach out whenever you need to.

Feel free to keep sharing, other members will likely be able to relate to what you’re going through.

Kimbo_1
Community Member
Hello Rob. Welcome. My first night here too. I don't know what my main issue is either, but I know this is worth a try...to reach out and hear how others are feeling and how others are getting through each day. I am just finding small things are creating the biggest issue for me. If that is the case, I know there is something a-miss. There is a lot of "noise" going on around us all, even in the silence, if that makes any sense.