FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Grief

Nat4171
Community Member

Hi everyone 

first time doing anything like this. 
I’m not doing too well. 
My beautiful mother passed away one month ago. I feel like my world has crumbled. I have this pain inside me and I’ve all of a sudden become scared of the outside world. 
Im due to return to work tomorrow and this has caused me to spiral. 
I have made an appointment with my GP tomorrow to gain additional support. 

3 Replies 3

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Nat4171,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for deciding to reach out to us.

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a parent is one of the hardest losses to come to terms with, the bonds are so strong.

I'm glad to hear you are seeing your GP for additional support. The best thing I can suggest is to try to allow the grief to come and go in a natural process, it will take time and how long it takes is different for everyone. There will come a day when it won't hurt as much as it does now, in the meantime be gentle with yourself, nurture yourself with good food, walks in nature, music that feels right for the given moment. Grief therapy in a group may also be helpful at present.

There is nothing in the outside world to be scared of, your emotions are just raw at the moment so you are feeling more vulnerable. That's ok and quite normal and will pass with a little time.

You are welcome to continue this conversation if you wish. You are not alone, we will be here for you.

Take care,

indigo

Nat4171
Community Member

Thank you Indigo for your response. I will continue navigate this site as well. Thank you

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

You are most welcome, please let me know if you need help with anything on the forums. If you find a post you want to go back to, use the "Follow Post" button. Any posts that you are following will appear in your profile.

I hope you will feel at home here, it is a very caring community.

indigo