FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling Broken

Ladybug2
Community Member

Hi. I'm new here. I have just been signed off work with anxiety. I have a stressful job in healthcare and have had several times where I just couldn't work...longest being 6 months in 2018. I feel very down and lost. I have no energy or patience for my 3 kids or my husband and have no motivation to do really anything. I spend a lot of time in bed.

I know about all the things that will make me feel a bit better ,exercise, good food, fresh air, routine...but I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything. Everything is an effort and I'm so tired. I've been experiencing panic attacks and feel short of breath a lot of the time. This is frightening and debilitating but my GP won't give me anything for this.

Not sure how work will respond re me taking time off but no one from management has enquired about how I am. They just thanked me for my medical certificate. I feel let down as all my anxiety and stresses started due to issues at work and most of these have not been addressed by mgmt. I'm a very different person from when I started this position 6 years ago, not in a good way.

not sure how this will all end. Just waiting to feel better.

Thanks for listening x

10 Replies 10

Mark Z.
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes Ladybug2,

Good to hear that you have made your decision to pursue something different. As it'll be a new start, I would suggest you to slow down when selecting new company and role. Take a breath, take more time to do some study of the target companies, have a look at Google and Glassdoor about their reputation. There will be a lot of new opportunities in 2022, however another wrong choice will cause further mental health damage, which you need to avoid.

All the best!

Mark