FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Cabin fever

Decree99
Community Member

Hi all.

New here and a bit lost at the moment.

Been struggling with depression for about 15 years - partly on and off (or in denial). Been really bad for the last 3-4 years or so.

I am seeing a GP and a shrink, and am on medication. All of which seem to be helping.

My biggest problem with at the moment is coronavirus (CV).

Over time I've found the following really help me: gym, snowboarding, mountain biking, and kitesurfing. Not sure if it's the adrenaline, or the intensity. But it's the only time I feel human.

Clearly I like being outdoors. CV clearly hates me (us).

Im going absolutely insane being trapped indoors. I guess I'm fortunate to still have work, and I know others have it far worse, so don't get me wrong.

I just can't cope without being very active and outdoors and by the ocean. I don't know how to handle months of this in end.

I feel like drowning my sorrows in a bottle of rum just to be numb and pass through time. Chips, chocolates and biscuits are keeping me going, but feeling so sick of eating all that rubbish now.

Whats the point of one can't even do solo actiivities.

I'm sure I'm being totally irrational at the moment.. Just can't snap out of it.

Just to add to the above - im not worried about the virus itself, nor getting it. As strange / stupid as it sounds I think there is a lot of over reaction to it (don't shoot me for that comment), particularly in the younger folk who are less prone or have no underlying illnesses...

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

ok, it seems clear to me that you are well looked after by professional medical staff so I’ll leave that well alone.

You do Remind me of myself pre 1983 at 26yo when, due to my family’s toxicity, I was a very negative individual.

You shouldn’t beat yourself up with this possibility, we are what we are from many factors however we can be who we should be through a change of approach.

Changing from a negative unmotivated person to a positive one is life changing if you achieve it. It usually needs a prompt or shake up of some kind. I got my change at a motivation lecture

google

beyondblue topic 30 minutes can change your life

Fast track to now and the CV is a good example. As bad as this virus can effect our lives for the negative, positives can be found, eg it will wake some people up that they have been in a good stable world and now might appreciate what they have... or.., we can value sanitation more...or... the world will be faster in reacting next time and so on.

Other approaches to this period is distractions and variety even creativity. Eg planning your life AFTER the virus is gone, hobbies etc. a rolling stone gathers no moss.

Please don’t misunderstand, I do know how you feel. To change this needs a solid approach and results come over time

Try googling YouTube Maharaji Prem Rawat videos that are inspiring eg

youtube Maharaji Prem Rawat sunset

youtube Maharaji Prem Rawat the perfect instrument

and so many more, watch one per day, you’ll see the vision. It isn’t religion btw.

google

beyondblue topic the best praise you’ll ever get

beyondblue topic worry worry worry

beyondblue topic triggers that down you, triggers that lift you

Beyondblue topic depression, the timing of motivation

There is thousands of threads on this site- you can use search at the top.

Repost anytime. Great talking

TonyWK