FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A reluctant hello

NoodIes
Community Member

Hello friendly people

I guess I'm just feeling down. I'm a 28-year-old female. It's kind of hard to focus on anything that isn't driven by my depression or anxiety at the moment. I'm back on anti-depressants which just make me feel nothing. I'm on the other side of the world away from my husband and the life that I want to be living. Getting up every day is getting more and more difficult since I'm not working - I have nothing to do. I can't even get out and do things if I wanted to since I'm in lockdown. I'm just struggling to find the motivation to do anything. I'm trying, but it's hard.

Corona Virus has impacted so much of everything. So much of my life and what was supposed to happen this year. I feel selfish for complaining. I don't like attention and I know that I don't have it as bad as some people but things aren't great right now. I really don't know why I'm posting this or what I'm hoping to get out of this, I just need to get this off my chest and talk to some people who are also finding it difficult right now so I know that I'm not the only one. It's pretty unlike me to draw attention to myself or be this open but maybe this is what I need.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey Noodles, welcome to the Beyond Blue forums. We're glad to have you here and we hope that being apart of our community is helpful for you. It's so important to let others know when you're feeling low so please continue to share your thoughts and feelings with us. Our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need. We're really sorry to hear of the difficult past few months that you have been through. If you feel up to it, we'd recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. Some articles that might interest you include: You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348. We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it. 

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Noodles,

A very warm welcome to the forums...

Im sorry your husband is across the other side of the world and you’re struggling a lot with your mental health...

Please Noodles don’t feel selfish because your not..everyone’s struggles are just as important as each other’s..

I can resonate about waking up and not having anything to do..It’s so hard isn’t it?

I live alone and most mornings I find it hard to get up, because of nothing to do..and that continued to drag me deeper into depression..

I have managed to make myself a morning routine.ie: get up same times daily..make my bed before I leave the bedroom, then health hygiene, then my cuppa and breakfast.wash up then I feel at least I’ve managed to do something...

I look for things to keep busy..sitting outside is my daily mindfulness for around an hour... Is their something that you are interested in to learn...ie: crotchet, knitting, craft, drawing..Their are lots of free lesson on learning new things..Right now I’m thinking of painting some furniture..just for something to do, plus it will be a different look....Keeping your mind busy dear Noodles helps..and if we learn something new..we feel proud of our achievements...

Corona has caused so much disruption to so many peoples lives..I hope it ends soon....

Our lovely Sophie has given you some links to some great reading which I found very valuable for me and my mental health...I hope you feel up to following those links..

Please dear Noodles..be gentle on you and care for you the best you can..

Sending you my kindest thoughts with care..

Grandy..