FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why…

tracerr
Community Member

Living with a terminally ill wife with about 5 years (if all goes well) left to live, a sick 8 year old daughter, a boss that is micro

managing me and feels

like he is bullying me

by setting unfair goals, changing the hours I work, changing the way I work, being a cpap user as-well as

having severe tinitus and being super sensitive to loud noises …I ask myself why…what is the point 

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi tracerr,  Welcome to the forums, we are so glad that you've taken a big step in sharing here. We hope you find some comfort in sharing here, and in hearing from the lovely community members, many of whom will be able to relate to what you’ve been through.   We are so sorry to hear about your wife's illness and that you workplace hasn't been supportive or healthy for you. We’re sorry to hear you’re feeling this way and are having a hard time with the thoughts you’re having.  Well done for opening up here. It’s really difficult to be open and articulate about how you’re feeling. Lots of people on the forums find that sharing is an early step on the journey towards feeling better. We’re sure we’ll hear from them on your thread soon. In the meantime, here’s some resources you could take a look at:  Are you connected with any bereavement or mental health support currently? This is obviously an incredibly painful time, and it’s really important you and your family are supported through it. In case it's useful you can find advice and directories on the Beyond Blue website here. We'd highly recommend talking to Griefline, on 1300 845 745 (6am to midnight AEST every day).  Thanks again for sharing. Our community is really kind and understanding, we think they’ll have some really helpful advice and perspectives.  
  Kind regards,   Sophie M 

Hi tracerr, 

I had terminally ill parents I was helping care for at home and so I know how hard it can be and some the challenges you face. I had left my job just before they became terminally ill, and therefore didn’t have any other responsibilities other than them at the time so can I just say how strong you are by not just taking care of your wife and daughter but also holding up a career? Please give yourself some appreciation and love for what you’re doing.

I’m sorry that your workplace and especially your boss seem to be only making things more difficult during all your coping with. Can I ask, does your workplace know of your personal situation? I am just wondering if they are aware and yet still treating you with little support and understanding? 

The world needs people like you, you are important. Please remember that. Also, your wife and daughter need you as much as I know it’s overwhelming, I know that they appreciate and love you for all that you do for them. But know that you are not alone and we support you here on the forums and are here to listen when you need as well the whole Beyond Blue services here that are ready to help when you need it. Please stay safe. 

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately yes they know all that is in my life, they know about my Wife and Daughter,but seems they are jumping through the legal loops to try and make it as they are there for me but really are not, they seem to try and use my sickness as a point to build a case on to try and get rid of me, my boss feels like he is bullying me by setting unrealistic goals and has change my hours of work so that I have a hard time to get to and from work…this has been an ongoing bullying situation and we are a single income family with no government support…so I have just been ok to take it as it comes…but it really is getting to me…watching my

missus slowly

slipping away day by day and now my little girl…