FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Meditation, Manifesting, Gratitude & The Law of Attraction

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to start so hope I can express myself clearly and maybe with others' input we can expand on this. I'm interested in people's thoughts/ experience with meditation, manifesting, gratitude & the law of attraction. I've recently started using the Smiling Mind app to meditate when going to sleep and sometimes when feeling a little anxious, like tonight. It is something i thought i could never do as my mind rarely stops, however, with persistence, I find I enjoy it. I guess i tend to have a negative mindset which I am determined to change.I always felt uneasy about thinking positive things as i thought i would jinx myself, and that whenever I made a positive comment or felt happy it would go wrong or something negative would happen. So i refrained from allowing myself to be too happy, I guess to 'protect' myself. Recently i have been feeling happier, stronger, expressing gratitude and taking note of when things have come to me when i needed them. Coincidence, or answers to what i put out to the Universe? I like to think the latter. A work colleague one day told me to manifest something i wanted, put it out to the universe , so I'm trying. Example, recently we needed to measure the floor space at reception so we could calculate how many people we could have in at one time. I needed a tape measure, which i did not have. At that moment our handyman walked into the office. Guess what he had? I am getting into the habit of practising positive thinking instead of thinking/expecting negatives. If something 'negative' does crop up, it can be dealt with, it's not the end of the world. I look for the positive in every negative situation. I am becoming more aware of being grateful for little things, things like getting a good car park at work, a warn cosy bed, a tidy house. I feel when i am expressing gratitude I am putting positive thoughts out into the universe and I notice more positives instead of focusing on negatives. Late last week we had internet issues at work and a colleague i found a little annoying. I've been feeling very drained, agitated, negative for a few days. This morning things were not running smoothly for me. A result of my negative mind perhaps? Little things became a big deal, my morning was crap. If i look back, it wasn't really an issue, i just did things in a different order which gave me more relax time this evening. The Law of Attraction, positive thoughts, positive experiences.

What are your thoughts?

cmf x

495 Replies 495

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM

You really hit the nail on the head with 3 areas that need work

Self care: While I can kid myself that I care, there are a lot of signs which reflect how I don't care as much as I should. I really want to start working on all the things that are going to raise my vibe (increase my energy levels). Good diet, basic exercise, more adventure are just a few of the many areas which will get my cells happily and excitedly vibrating in a much healthier way. Vibing up takes effort. I'm going to become excited about the effort/challenge, creating goals to manifest and celebrating along the way

Self compassion: Will often say to others 'You have to be kinder to yourself. Stop beating yourself up so much'. You think I would have learned by now, regarding applying this to myself. I can look back on photos of myself in my 20s and early 30s and feel quite sad for that girl who was doing her best under the circumstances (depression). I have so much compassion for my younger self. Why not at 50, in the present moment? Where's that compassion? I will add this to my list of things to begin practicing on a daily basis

True empathy: One of the things I do practice more often than not is getting a feel for what my feelings are trying to tell me and meditating on inspiration. For example, I could be feeling sadness and wonder why I feel this. I'll meditate on inspiration and what my come to mind could be 'You're feeling sorrow/sorry for yourself because you feel no one raising you. You feel the lack. People are letting you vibe in exhaustion, as opposed to helping and inspiring you. It's time to demand help and inspiration'. Yes, inspiration has a lot to say at times 🙂

Okay, today I'm going off to buy Post it notes. It'll trigger my husband to get annoyed a little, posting notes all around the house but that's a him problem. Maybe I should insist he read them, so as to generate a little change in his life, in our relationship. Boy, does our relationship need constructive change. Nup, my focus for change is on myself. If he wants to come along for the ride, so be it. I'm feeling pretty pumped now EM. I'm done trying to make the marriage more exciting. My focus is on me now. Even my kids say 'Mum, it's time to give up putting so much effort in with Dad. He's not going to change. You're wasting your time'.

Alright, Post it notes here I come to free you from your shelf at Officeworks and put you to good use.

Thanks for the inspiration EM. Thanks for raising my vibe 🙂

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey therising!

Out of the mouths of babes hey?? Lol intelligent creatures they are.
Mine said a funny thing years ago when they heard demon demanding more money from me (after separation - as though I was ITS mother).. I refused...
When it left, the kids said "Don't give any money to dad, you're just his free ATM"...

woah, that was a realisation and a half right there!

Anyhoo lol... quite a few thoughts came to mind about what you wrote, therising...
one is that I want to reach out a give your younger self in those photos a HUGE WARM HUG!

And the therising NOW, HUGE WARM HUGS!

I've got a few thoughts on depression too, my own thoughts after battling it for years and it's WAY over there in the wings of my life behaving quietly atm - hopefully it's in a coma lol:
~ it's not WHO we are eg "I'm a depressed individual" but I see at as a COATing over who we really are... I've been known to say "I can feel depression seeping in like a tsunami"
~ it needs attention... attention given to it like a good parent to a child ie with DISCIPLINE...
~ I've never said this before on the forums but I will say it now... it also excuses US to give blame to others, therefore if we subscribe to this as depression so conveniently WANTS us to, then we stay depressed and keep blaming others.
The reality is that WE have to take 100% responsibility for our own machinations of our minds.

Moving OUT of depression AND anxiety (very much including OUT of PTSD & C-PTSD) is the scariest times of our lives...

becoming WELL is soooooo scary!
I think esp because we haven't done it for x long.
We don't even know HOW to live without these "masks" - I just had my phone Counselling session in the middle of writing to you! lol, my Counsellor agrees lol..

but also to THANK depression for what it's been TRYING to do... perhaps protect us? help alleviate our responsibility by blaming others? letting us sleep more? explaining why x,y,z is in our lives or NOT in our lives? all sorts.

Time to cut loose therising, and envision how YOUR life will feel and be.

Love EM

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

Well I'm struggling of late. I'm gracious for all I have but have anxiety, struggling to find positivity. I'm manifesting, visualising what I want and letting it go, leaving it to the Universe. Despite all this I just don't feel good.

How is everyone else doing?

Cmf x

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM

Sorry I missed your last post. You're such a thoughtful, analytical, open minded sensitive person. You're strengths and abilities are obvious, based on what you write.

Managing the way out of mental health challenges is definitely challenging in itself. It's kind of like navigating uncharted territory. Takes a brave and determined pioneering spirit. If you were to map out territories, I'd have to say I love coming to the little places of revelation. it's almost like a relief from all the hard work of traveling.

Don't you just love revelations, the way they lead you to feel. You can feel the energy through them. You can feel them raising you in a soulful kind of way. I admit to being a revelation addict. I love the high. I'm kinda addicted you could say. When I'm not channeling some revelation, it's a little like feeling the impact of not getting a hit 🙂

Sometimes I wonder what a psychologist would say when it comes to my addiction to wonder and revelation. Would they say I have some form of OCD? There are times where you could sit me in front of my laptop and trigger me to wonder about some topic which would reveal something amazing. That topic would lead me to wonder about something else quite revealing. This could go on for the whole day, creating some disorder in my life. The family doesn't get dinner, the house remains a mess and so on. I've learned to rely on inspiration to some degree. I can be sitting there when what suddenly comes to mind is 'Get up out of the chair and go and have a shower' or 'Go and visit your mother'. Inspiration's a great motivator 🙂

How does revelation and inspiration lead you to feel? Do you find it's a little like having a compass on your travels?

🙂

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi CMF

My heart goes out to you as you work so hard to feel that connection to life that you love so much, that connection you deserve.

I can't help but wonder whether you have a lack of people leading you to feel positivity. Wondering whether you also have an abundance of people in your life leading you to feel stress and exhaustion. With that abundance one, you gotta wonder what the heck is wrong with people who have no problem with leading us to stress and exhaustion.

Sounds strange but do you ever wonder who you need to channel within yourself during a challenge? Sometimes I find it's 'The commander': 'Okay people, we gotta get this house cleaned up NOW!' Channeling the commander means you're not left doing everything yourself. One of my all time favourites that's only recently come into play is 'The super b**ch'. I love the way she's liberated me, although she does challenge me to find a filter 🙂 She's led me to a whole new sense of wonder. Just say my husband says to me, while he's on leave from work 'I'm sick of the house looking like a mess'. Cue 'The super b**ch': 'I can't help but wonder how your self righteous lazy attitude leads you to believe you have no fault in this'. BAMMM! In the past, I would have just cleaned the house myself, to avoid the conflict. Sometimes we gotta channel 'The loving sage': 'You need to be kinder to yourself. You work so hard to make a difference in your own life and the lives of others. You deserve a holiday. You deserve the freedom to love yourself more. You deserve a break'. I find 'The strategist' is one of the handiest aspects of self to have, to channel. It's like you can be talking on the phone to some person who you need to help you, from some government institution for example. You may get a sense that they're not going to give you any joy. Cue 'The strategist/The manipulator': 'Joe, I feel that while you really want to help me with this and I truly appreciate it, do you feel this is something you'd like to hand over to your manager? Maybe he or she can help me with this so that you can be free to move onto helping the next person. What do you think? By the way Joe, keep in mind they're getting paid well to manage my kind of challenge. You really shouldn't have to'.

Do you get a sense of who you need to channel at the moment, in order to feel better? it might be a combo such as the sage and the commander: 'Okay people, enough of me trying to raise myself. Pull up your socks and help me manage this!'

🙂

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear CMF, big warm hugs.

What you wrote and what I wrote previously was before I listened to an awesome segment of Brene Brown's Podcasts. I've read some of her books and watched her Ted Talks too.

THEY ARE WELL WORTH IT!

Also my eldest d is doing her Psych Honours, but is also a knowledge addict lol. She has TONS of friends who work / support ppl with addictions, who are ex addicts themselves. We could talk for hours everyday about what she's learning, it's gobsmackingly interesting!

One of Brene's strategies is to THANK the feeling, yes even the "negative" ones.
I do this by imagining anxiety or depression as one of the monsters in Where The Wild Things Are - that children's book.
A HUGE big, cuddly, cute creature that just wants attention.

Alexa says this also... "sit with your feelings".
Meaning accept them.

I like to have a conversation with them.
Ask them why they've awakened.
There's ALWAYS reasons.

Then I THANK the monster.
Ask it to go to sleep.
Whatever the monster thought it was doing by waking up, isn't necessary any more.
Thank you for trying to help.

I'm safe.
I can do this without you. Go have a sleep lol.

The reality of life is that we CAN'T feel good 100% of the time.
It's not realistic to expect it either.

Though I think it's really important what we think and what we DO when we don't feel so good.

I get "back to basics" of what I know works for me:
~ good sleep and lots of it!
~ good food and not wanting for it (being hungry triggers lots of stuff for me)
~ doing SOME THING I LOVE at least once a day, even if it's for 20mins. All day if I can manage it with my family.
~ practising self-care. Having that warm, scrubby bath. Putting nice smelling moisturiser on my face, hands and body.
~ connecting with someone who I know "has my back".

This is the BASIC jigsaw puzzle of mental HEALTH for me.

After a while in this mode, I can then visualise my awesome life! Hahaha.

I've manifested a few funny things lately, it's quite funny.

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey therising, gosh you're funny lol.

"Sometimes I wonder what a psychologist would say when it comes to my addiction to wonder and revelation. Would they say I have some form of OCD?"

I DON'T KNOW lol... what do you think?
I know what my psych would say to me if I said that to her .... you're dissociating. But that's just me.

I can ask a Psych friend for you lol.

Tbh I can't sit anywhere for too long ever, not even in Conferences or Staff Meetings.
So NEVER at home.
I just have far too much to do all the time; huge garden, lots of kids as a single mum and a full time job. I'm a real doer and happiest when I'm achieving something. Even housework!

"How does revelation and inspiration lead you to feel?"

Sure, they lead me to feel lighter.
Possibly more of a comfort or validation kind of thing.

"Do you find it's a little like having a compass on your travels?"

Umm probably not really.
More like a mode of travelling lol. Not WHAT or WHERE to travel TO.

Maybe I'm a bit stubborn (yikes!) and prefer to take charge of my own life ie set my own goals etc.

I don't rely on others to make me feel good, that's all just far too "chancey".
I've seldom found any truly "wholehearted" individuals, more ego driven ones really, so
depending on anyone else around me to make me feel good would be madness lol.
So tbh I take compliments AND criticisms from other with a grain of salt.
I just don't need them.

The very BEST feeling I get is when someone says I love you.

Just on an extended tangent, I think of it all as tapping into my Higher Power kind of thing. I grew up with the religious thinking "God has a purpose for our lives" etc. My view on that is more melded in to yes I believe in God and Jesus and Pray for guidance ALL THE TIME, but the connection is closer. More like a synergistic relationship lol.

I'm not saying I AM GOD lol! A long way from any form of perfection lol.

Hope that all makes some sense lol.

Love EMxxxx

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM

You have a wonderful way of working yourself out. Imagining the creatures from 'Where the Wild Things Are' is a reflection of your brilliant imagination and determination to find exactly what works. I used to think imagination was the realm of children until I realised it belongs to those who seek a difference, to those who desire to manifest, to those whose clear vision has to come from somewhere.

Speaking of clear vision, I had a conversation with someone just the other day about the topic of clairvoyance. Their response 'I don't believe in all that stuff'. As I may have mentioned in the past, I'm one of those gals who's on a quest to incorporate some of the woo woo stuff into my life. To them I expressed the simplicity of clairvoyance, 'Have you ever imagined something and found it has come to life? Have you ever imagined something you desired to manifest and found yourself in the flow? In your mind, you predicted your future and here it is, manifested through faith in yourself, your vision and perhaps your own hard work'. As I said to them 'Clairvoyance is clear vision. Clairvoyance does not solely belong to those who proclaim 'I see dead people', it also belongs to those who foretell the future based on what they come to imagine'.

Clair audience or clear hearing is somewhat the same. It does not solely belong to those who hear someone who has passed, it belongs to those who may hear what simply comes to mind when facing self doubt, 'It's going to be hard but you can get through this' or those who hear that which comes to mind when feeling lost, 'You need help, you can't do this alone'. One of my favourites is clairsentience, also known as clear feeling. It's never hard to pick someone with this ability. By the way, it often triggers me when I hear a person say to another 'You're too sensitive, you need to toughen up'. If you can feel or sense someone bringing you down or shutting you down, sense someone's self righteousness or degrading words and attitude or sense someone raising you or opening your mind to wonder and imagination, it's a sense you don't want to sacrifice. It's kind of like getting a feel for who belongs in your flow, who doesn't and who you need to be cautious of while they're in your flow. I can look back at my years in depression, earlier in life, and feel who and what depressed me. Quite an epiphany.

Once you're tapped into the synergy, it's like turning up the volume, where things suddenly become clear (clair).

🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow,can't believe it's been a year since I started this thread. I'll need to read back on it cos I know I've been really flat, feeling down and out. My vibration is low and I'm struggling to raise it. I don't know of it's cos of people, environment, anxiety...I just know it's dropped alot.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Another Wow. A year ago I asked Moon which books she had read on Law of attraction/manifestation. One of them was 'Ask and it is given' I just looked at the books on my bedside table...and there it is. I bought it not long ago but am yet to read it. Clearly sign that I need to!

Cmf x