Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Family Affairs

Community Member

My son has admitted to an affair during his wife's pregnancy, he feels he is no longer in love with her. He is devastated and of course so is she, especially as their new baby is only a couple of months old.

The affair isn't as much of an issue as his no longer being in love with her.

At the moment the only people involved are my d-i-l's family, my other son and his best man.

I have suggested he contact Beyond Blue or another form of counseling as this needs to be dealt with as well as possible for everyone. Even if there is no reconciliation chance.

Any tips?

1 Reply 1

Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Ryansmum,

Your son can definately contact BeyondBlue - the contact number is 1300 22 4636.

Please keep in mind though that people on the forums are not trained counsellors and so even though the forums can be useful for many people they are also not for everyone.

If he is looking to reconcile his relationship it might be more appropriate to look at relationship counselling which can talk to both him and his wife. Relationships Australia can offer this (just click on your state) - http://www.relationships.org.au/