FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling lost and overwhelmed...what happened?

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow, this was meant to be 'my' year. A new year, a fresh start, a year to focus on what i want to do and where i am headed but i have hit a brick wall and can't break through. Single mum 3 kids. My little one has more kinder sessions so i have 3 days with about 4 hours free. With kids at school/kinder, this was my plan and how i wanted to spend my time i was excited/positive up until last weeks:

Do a few odd jobs around the house, fix a few things, big clean up;

Join a gym, do yoga for relaxation, walk every day - take care of me

Do an online course or some short courses so i can think of going back to work next year when she starts school. I could do something i really enjoy, a new career.

Maybe do some casual work or start a little business from a hobby

How i feel now:

Don't know where to start,anxious, guilty for not doing anything with my free time yet

How will i juggle 2 teenagers and a preppie and work all on my own next year?

If i work next year who will look after the little one on school holidays? I don't want to use school holiday programs when she is in grade prep. The thought makes me sick.

Maybe i should sell the house, just get rid of the mortgage and rent and be free ( i have this thought every month around pmt time) but where would i go and would i be renting forever? I feel overwhelmed with mortgage and bills, just like everyone i guess. Am i running away from responsibility, am i lazy?

I feel i have to be doing something all the time, feel guilty if i take time out (i was fine first week of kinder, this started second week I feel guilty not working, Scared I'll get in trouble for not doing anything yet and for having free time. The course i wanted is too expensive but i can look at other options.

I feel like a lazy mum, bad example to set for my children.

I'm anxious and depressed. i look at others with their families and how they are happy and going out and going away because they can afford to.

Am i crazy for being like this? Am i a lazy person? I had it all planned out, what happened, why have i now fallen like this? I saw a positive future, upgrade my skills, get out there and be something now i cant see it anymore.

I've lost my direction. People have said to give myself time to adjust to having some free time and to take a break and then rethink what i want to do but i'm panicking, like i'm wasting my time and i cant get going. I don't deserve anything i have.

Thanks for reading

cmf x

5,028 Replies 5,028

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Just saw something that had same name as his sis. It's not a common name.

Cmf

so do you think  sighting of people who look like M and son,and hearing names of people close to m , means anything..?
i think ot are thinking processing and writing about him here so he is still on your mind but conscious and unconsciousness . 

Hi Quirky 

You could be right. He was on my mind alot last week. Everything was. It is strange though that my daughter saw someone who looked like his son. I only told her yesterday all that's happened last 6 months. I'm glad that seeing the man that looked like him didn't affect me. It didn't make me miss him or wish I hadn't said anything.  I just felt nothing.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Maybe it was the Universe testing me to see how I'd feel/react. I felt nothing. No jolt, no regrets, no sadness. Just nothing. I felt better today. Better than I have last couple of weeks. I'm not expecting to hear from him. I'm focussed on myself again. 

Glad you feel better. Each post you seem stronger and wiser

Yes I am. My card reader pointed out that after seeing these people/,things that reminded me of him I had no regrets.  That was powerful.  I'm much better this week. I haven't blocked his number but I have archived his messages. Last week with all those thoughts I felt physically heavier & my lower back hurt. This week I feel light & the pain has gone. In fact, people at work commented on how much weight I've lost.  That was a nice feeling.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

You know why I think it was so hard for me? He NEVER communicated what he wanted or liked/disliked.  In 5 years he never communicated anything. I did all the time. If you don't know how can you work on things? I think I told him all this when we split. He thinks he's this perfect, great guy but he's such an idiot & waste of time. 

cmf glad you are feeling better and looking good.

Thanks Quirky  

It makes me sick to think how intense the last 6 months were yet he wants to keep his options open to do be like that with someone else/,others.  It was very intense, so much more than the 5 years we were together. He makes me sick. I dont know how he can be like that & have no feelings. Just switch them off but want to be available for someone else. I feel sorry for the next one that gets involved with him.

I'm really,  really sad 😔