FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling SOOOOOO sad ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Guest_341
Community Member

Hi๐Ÿ˜”

I don't know if this is the right area of the forums to post but I'll give it a go (I get lost in the forums and don't know where to post what๐Ÿ˜ฎ)

I was feeling happy earlier today and just as I've sat down my mood has changed and I feel so sad and that I want to cry. ...... I so need a cuddle, a hug , to be held and told I am wanted and needed๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ’”

I hate feeling sad๐Ÿ˜ข

7 Replies 7

Guest_128
Community Member

Hi Red,

what's doing?

Where is your he best place for me to get to know you?

Dory I also get lst on here.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Julie

Its bad news when we feel this sad. I understand where you are coming from.

You are in the right area for sure under depression....It can be a dark place to be in

I have just gone through a bad phase of my depression and it hurts...big time. Can I ask you (if thats okay what is making you feel this way?)

Sometimes there isnt a reason. The depression does creep up on us.

you are not alone here Julie

Hugs...if thats okay

Paul x

Pasha1234
Community Member

Hey Mardi,

Have you opened up to your loved ones and said you are struggling?

I am fairly new to the forum but it has been the best choice I have made in terms of getting myself better.

i have had friends offer to just come round and sit with me so I don't feel so lonely and sad.

thinking of you

MsPurple
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Mardi

Unfortunatley I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes have a day where everything went well. Then when I come home and sit down I just feel empty and somewhat sad. It is a horrible feeling to have. It is also horrible when it lingers.

Mental health and mental illness is kinda like the weather. I can be stormy then it can be clear. However for those with mental illness the storms may last longer than a few days. I am describing it terribly but Stephen Fry described it very well in his documentary 'manic depression'.(it is on youtube)

I just want you to know that like the weather the sun will come out and shine again. In the mean time can I ask if you have a safety plan? I made one using the beyond blue app. I thought at first it was silly to do, but one day I was having a really bad day and reflecting on the answers I had put down and the strategies I have used in the past that has helped me, was really helpful to read in a moment of distress when I couldn't think properly. Maybe it will be worth while making one. No one has to see it (no one has seen mine), but it maybe something to do.

In the mean time I would try distraction. I would watch a movie, take the dog for a walk or have a bath. Something to take your mind off it.

You are not alone

MP

It's absolutely okay ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š I need the hug๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jessicatherese94
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Mardi, you're definitely not alone in feeling this way. It's hard sometimes when things are going well and then all of a sudden they aren't. Maybe when you're feeling up to it you can write down a few activities that you enjoy and you can do that when you feel that way, even if it's just going for a walk, listening to some music or phoning a friend.

hello Julie, it doesn't matter where you post a comment it will be picked up by us, but as soon as you do this then you've made many friends, we wish there were times when we could see you or anyone else who is feeling the way you are and literally give you a hug and certainly a squeeze, so please imagine that this is actually happening.
I know that feeling you've described to us because yes I do remember how many times I been in exactly the same situation, maybe it's a feeling like when you feel exhausted after having such a busy day and all you want to do is sit down and rest your weary feet, but with depression it seems to take all your happy thoughts away, that's when the tears begin.
I'm sorry when there is no one to console you, but here on line you have us all. Geoff.