FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Depressed due to isolation and civil liberty restrictions

Tangney
Community Member
Does anyone feel their depression worsening because they are not afraid of the virus and don't agree with the lock down? I can't stand the isolation and hate the restrictions on my freedoms. I was isolated before this started and now it's worse. I feel that the isolation will actually kill me if it goes on for much longer and I am spiralling downwards. This is made worse by the fact that the reasons for the lock down are no longer in existence. I know that on 1 June things will get better, but it seems like a lifetime away just now. Isolation is used as a form of torture in some countries and solitary confinement is a punishment. I feel that this is being imposed on me, even though I haven't committed any crime. Some people cope better than others with these sorts of conditions. You tube videos, baking cakes, and knowing that flowers will eventually bloom doesn't make any difference. It would be nice to know if there are others who feel the same way. If anyone else out there thinks the same, please post a response.
425 Replies 425

I wonder how long until they make us pay for yearly or 9 monthly vaccinations? Will it cost $20 like the flu vaccine? It's probably not too much money, but the cost of living is too much already.

Merry Christmas to my old friends, Lunastone, GoldenEye and Tangney...if you are still around and not given up on ever getting out the other side of this ridiculously hysterical society our once beautiful country has sunk into......a lot of people have....try and have a Happy Christmas....whatever they are these days! xxxxxxx

Merry christmas, Moon! To golden, bananie and Tangney as well if you are still reading this. We don't really have family here in australia so it has always been quiet for us on xmas day. We always took trip after xmas in the past but haven't done so last and this year. Can't be bother. For the first time, my former colleague, who didnt' get to go back to Vicrtoria two yrs in a roll, invited us over on boxing day lunch. Once i heard about cases in perth two days before xmas, i had a quick glance on the exposure sites, nothing to worry. Then, I decided not to read any more news until today. Luckily, it was a good decision for us not to go shopping a week before xmas. It was just to avoid the scenario of wrong place and wrong time and then have to cancel the only social interaction we have over the last 2 weeks. It would suck if there is a blanket lockdown even though none of the ppl (only 6 of us!) at the lunch have been to any of the exposure sites. And none of us are the party and shopping type anyway! We are all jabbed so not really worry about.....although my partner is very much like the bubble life as no restrictions so naturally create tension between us......in any case, once the kid goes back to school, we would likely get it. So just a matter of time anyway..... Take care! xx

lunastone
Community Member
@Moonstruck @golden Wave. Saw your recent posts on the main thread. It looks like people are diverted back to the relevant sub-thread, which is fine. Glad to have the familiar pals anyway. Main thread can be overwhelming for me. The last few days have been really tough for me. Those dark thought is coming back. I thought now having a job would make me feel better. Yes, it did for a while as it gave me the purpose of life again. My best friend in the US calls me a survival. Now, i am just angry for continuing being dictated by our govt and their decision is no longer based on logical health advices (even the experts have called out the weaning immunity of the vaccine if we keep delaying). And am very sad that there is no hope in seeing my oversea family any time soon......i actually didn't think it would hit me so hard about the delay in border opening until few days later of the announcement. I wasn't planning on traveling.....but it really hits me now. Seeing friends and family gathering photos just rub in even more. It isn't the life I want. I just want to quit my job and leave until our WA state is ready to move on but i can't due to family responsibility here. You know....it doesn't really matter if the border is open or close at this point as i'm living in a self-imposed lockdown life. Being traumatised by the experience at an exposure site a month ago. Test and isolate is just not something i am a fan of as a casual contact. So the minimal places i go, the better.....

Hey there lunastone... lately, have you noticed, on the main thread "Coping with..." since the guidelines for posting were outlined specifically, it's not as busy as usual ? I am feeling hesitant in what I write now, in case it upsets or angers anyone. Yet I am a person too aren't I? with a right to my own opinion.? I don't think it's harmful to anyone. I am being honest.

a reminder I am in Qld and the general feeling towards the people in WA seems to be of sympathy and amazement at what the people have had to withstand .

Our kids go back to school tomorrow, 2 weeks after the other eastern states. at least they don't have to be tested twice a week!

On the Gold Coast "they" did a random visit to people's homes and rapid tested some just for the hell of it....guess what!! a large proportion of folk tested "positive" and had no idea, nor did they seem to care, as they had felt perfectly fine,no symptoms, getting on with life .

Our Health Officer said it was "extraordinary" that so many were walking around leading normal lives while positive and had no idea! we can't have that can we? a return to normal life??

Good heavens, everyone will be running amok in the streets, ripping their germ ridden, raggedy masks off and enjoying themselves.....quick think of something to scare them into obedience again!

the Check In signs on stores are getting more often ignored...people just walk straight past with an air of "up yours". No staff members ask "have you checked in? ". I spoke to some workers/managers who admitted "what's the use, there's no contact tracing or listing of hot spots in Qld any more anyway". "we don't really care any more if customers sign in or not"

many workers are isolating not because they are sick...but because they are deemed to be a "close contact" to someone who may not have been sick either, but tested "positive"...so everywhere is understaffed including hospitals,and schools. not because the worker is feeling unwell, but because someone in their vicinity tested"positive".

You sound low in spirits and can't blame you.I am sorry. Wish you could come for a walk along the beachfront with me, listen to the waves coming in...and going out. Remember that old saying "Nothing lasts forever"...or "this too, shall pass"? Can this still be true? Not if some of our leaders have their way....they want it to go on, and on..

Besides, what would all the media report on? They'd have no more stories to write!

Hello dear Luna and Moon;

Luna; i echo Moon's thoughts for you. It would be so tough with no end in sight. I would love to join you both to walk along the beach. Although another covid consequence is so much mask litter about, and the elastic cords endangering our birdlife. It makes me mad.

I've also noticed the other thread quiet. It is safer for us here. I think it is better to just have discussion and support as we have here.

Moon; you make very good points. I don't have much to add, other than to agree. In SA our QR check ins have stopped for retail, which is good as we were checking in and they weren't even following up with it. It seems they (cho's) are losing grip of the ppl, and now they are stetching far and wide to cling to power. We have them creating drama over covid detected in sewage. When no one in the area was sick. Isn't the issue about the sickness. Like u say Moon, just randomly testing ppl and they didn't even know they had it. It seems there is a lot of that. Crazy that they are doing that though. Civil liberties?? Agreed, they and the msm are going to keep dragging this out as long as can. Over 2 yrs already.. kind wishes to you both xx