FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Wanting a chat :)

Tam122
Community Member
Hello, not to sure where to start. Feeling a little lonely at the moment, would love someone to chat to 🙂
5 Replies 5

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Tam122,

Nice to 'meet' you! I'd love to have a chat with you-is there anything in particular you wanted to chat about?

🙂

Hello 🙂 Thankyou for responding. Yes actually, I was just wanting to know is it normal to not have any close friends? It’s something that has always bugged me. I long so much to be able to call someone my best friend and have someone there to rely on.. but it has never happened. I feel like I always go above and beyond for people and never get the same in return. 😞

Hi Tam122,

Yes, I think it's normal! I have people that have close friends, some that have friendship circles and some that don't really have many friends at all. All of these things are perfectly okay. I think what matters more though, isn't if it's normal or not- but how you feel about it.

I'm sorry to hear you don't get the same back from people 😞 Friendship definitely is a two way street- and although I don't know you or what's happened, is it that you haven't quite met the right people?

rt

Hi, yes possibly. I crave for a best friend to be honest. Not sure how to go about it. I have started mingling with other mothers at my sons kinder, which is starting to form friendships…. Maybe I just need to keep trying and be open. Not sure what else I can do

Hi Tam122,

I know this is a late reply. I really hope you have started to form a friendship. I think it is completely normal to not have any close friends. Some stages of our lives do not always allow us to have close friendships, or form new ones. As a parent, it is especially difficult, as you try to invest a lot of time into your children. But remember, to always take some time for yourself. Even if you can not find solid friendship in others right now, you can always be your own closest friend. Saying that, it is nice sometimes to have friends. Just keep in mind close friendships take a while to form. I am super happy to hear that you are mingling with other mothers. It shows that you are putting in the effort! The right friend for you will come. I would love to hear an update! 🙂