FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

help with accommodation during lockdown?

tronic
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Im from Victoria and as you know we are going through forced lockdown. Im currently not working and am forced to stay home due to lockdown restrictions.

I was wondering if there's any emergency accommodations available for people without somewhere to live? Im in an abusive relationship and my partner keeps telling me to leave and move out. When my partner is upset she abuses me verbally in personal and via text. I've tried counselling over the past few years but unfortunately my partner doesn't stay for more than a couple of sessions and its always their fault or mine. I can't cope with her abuse any more. Is there somewhere to contact who might give me somewhere to live during lockdown?

Thanks in advance, xx

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi tronic,

We are so sorry to hear what you're going through at the moment, We strongly encourage you to reach out to our friends at https://www.1800respect.org.au/. They're available 24/7 by phone on 1800 737 732 or via webchat (https://chat.1800respect.org.au/#/welcome) and should be able to provide you with practical advice, as well as support, referrals and counselling, about moving on.

Please keep reaching out in this safe and non-judgmental place where users give and recieve support to each other based on their own experiences with mental health.

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello tronic,

I'm so sorry to hear of your circumstances. You deserve better than a relationship where you're abused, and from what you've said, it seems like this abuse has been going on for a few years. Sophie_M has provided a useful helpline for you to contact to seek advice on where to go and I hope you've been able to contact them and get help.

If you're comfortable, do check in and let us know how you're doing.

Warmly,
M