FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

And now for something completely different..............

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

This thread is designed for people that are lonely, or bored, or just want to exercise their mind a bit. It only has three rules. It is not a place to discuss our issues (everywhere else on the site is for that!), it is not for people to use their own situation as an example - if you want to make a point, be objective and, it is not personal, so just respect everyone's point of view and let's play a bit of Devil's Advocate along the way.

I'll kick it off. 

If we accept the Darwinism and the Big Bang theory, everything originated from an explosion of all known matter in the universe from an unimaginably hot ball. If everything was made of inanimate particles; How was life created?

Kind regards, John.

39 Replies 39

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi John

Hydrogen, oxygen, other elements, ideal temperatures, planet rotation, moon for waves .....and the tax man. = life as we know it.

Tony WK

Too easy, my friend. How did the transformation from not being life to being life happen? I mean, at one point there was no life, the next there was. No random mix of atoms can create life. Surely?

Is this going to be a debate between science and religion? Could the sun have helped by  stiring up these molecules? 

What is your theory CrashCoyote? How did we get here? And please - why?

ciao 

CrashCoyote
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I really don't know. I have always been partial to evolution over creationism but am really wondering how there isn't life and then there is.

The definition of a theory is that it is provable, otherwise it is conjecture at best. So if it is possible to create life can we demonstrate how or are we just not that advanced yet?

Even the pope is now saying its a bit of both! 

turtl3
Community Member

Just because we are the first known living organism to document, and HAVE documents of proof, of life (given that the bible wasnt just a story written by some bloke, and given to a suicidal mate to give him something to believe in and not commit suicide). It doesnt mean that we are AND/OR were the first.

I personally believe in evolution, and thats not simply limited to man kind.

Given the vast size of the university and how little we actually can, and do know about it with our current technology, i like to think that we are merely an 'ant farm' to a greater life form.

I myself, cannot fathom the idea of creation, given how many different religions there are, and how many different gods they follow, and none of them recognise the others!?! so i pose the question - which is 'THE RIGHT ONE' (if any?)

look how quickly we have advanced in recent years regarding technology, given that millions of years ago we were simply 'cavemen' chasing dinosaurs, yet to discover fire and the wheel. But in the last 100...we have designed cars and engineered electricity, in the last 50 televisions and radio, last 10-15, internet and mobiles, last 5, smartphones and wireless technology...bluetooth, infrared, we now have thingys that detect our pulse and how much energy we burn and communicate with our smart phones to tell us!

NOW!- I'm no rocket surgeon or brain scientist, but after having watched 'through the wormhole' - narrated by Morgan Freeman. My mind was tying itself in knots trying to grasp everything he 'babbling on about'

Maybe I'm biased, maybe not, I'm not an atheist, but I am agnostic...Ive been to church, and I think that there may be a creator, but until im gone, and end up in the hot center or the cool clouds...im going to stick with evolution, simply because there are too many religions/gods to be able to pick one, and be guaranteed reincarnation - - -which i also like to think would be fun.

If i could come back, I would come back as MY dog...SHEESH - talk about an easy life!?  i nick-name him compost...he gets anything and everything that's safe to feed a dog, plus we rescued him from a terrible place. probably why hes so affectionate/sooky... walks every other day...choice of 3 beds. BONES, BISCUITS, TREATS, SNACKS, TRAINGING, THE BEACH, He must be in DOG HEAVEN!

Oh wait, what religion is my dog? Guess hes just stuck here with us living the good life 🙂

Frann
Community Member

Thumbs up tyrtl3 - like! 

My dog probably hangs out with yours! 

Christine

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

x2 for turtl3.  too right

Now lets get a little perspective here John.  Until a few weeks ago all astronomers believed the universe was one universe. Now, with the help of that greatest brain of all time Steven Hawking, we now know there is thousands or millions of universes.

For those that are not astronomically savvy, if you travelled near the speed of light 286,000 miles a second, you wouldnt go anywhere near the end of our universe in your lifetime. It is so huge I struggle to fathom how huge.

What does this have to do with your question John?

That questions about these things will always haunt us humans.

Just like why people still go hungry. Along with why politicians want more populations in the name of "growth".  eg for more income to make the rich richer and the poor more hungry.

And we are the smartest race????

Tony WK

dear All, the big question ' How was life created', well if you google this question which John has asked, there are many theories, which have been explained by all types of beliefs, as is how were the pyramids built, again so many different ways, so which one do we believe in with the emphasis on John's question, the practical, physical, scientic, religious and this includes by being an atheist, which I am now, but once before I did believe in some god, because it was pushed onto me at school, but there are so many unanswered questions.

So how did the human race begin, by Adam and Eve, so were they blinked down to earth, but didn't the homosapien race begin by us being monkeys and then progress into who we are now, just saying.

The astromers have now found another planet, mega the size of earth and humteen times so much hotter than earth, so the universe is gienormous, we don't know.

So back to the question, 'how was life created', I'm just a layman and have no idea, so my mind is open, but I favour what the scientists or perhaps astromers have to say, but I know that I won't have 2014 birthday celebrations.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, and please criticise me if you want. Geoff.