FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Cardiac anxiety

Anxiousmind82
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

Thought I’d reach out and see if anyone has gone through similar situation. I’ve had small heart flutters on and off for years. It’s usually due to anxiety or low iron. Which I’ve been treated for 4 weeks ago with an iron infusion. I thought the flutters would clear but they still remained. I chalked it down to being extra anxious but when I seen my Dr she said it’s best to get a 7 day holter monitor test done. Needless to say it made me stress out so bad. So when I had the monitor on I could feel my flutters worse and also my heart beat was racing. Towards the end of the 7 days I stopped having flutters in my chest and seemed to feel a bit more relaxed. I anxiously waited for my results which I got today. The dr said they weren’t bad but I had an episode of high heart rate. Highest being 165bpm and lowest was 53bpm. And my heat rate ranged from 70-125. I’m being sent to a cardiologist for a check up to make sure everything is ok and nothing is wrong. So that just made me freak out more. I had no idea my heart rate went that high by sitting in the car. I Know the time is during school drop off and I’m generally quite stressed but yeh. So now all day I can feel my heart racing and I’m constantly checking. It’s been around 90 and highest when checked was 100. I had no afib episodes during the 7 days so the dr said there was no electrical issues so that’s great but I’m so stressed something bad will happen to me due to high heart rate. I can’t make an appt until next week due to long weekend and I’m going away. I did ask if it was urgent as I was going away and she said go away and enjoy your holiday and deal with it when you’re back. I should feel reassured but I’m not. I have young kids so I’m spiralling thinking bad thoughts. I was such a mess and my dr ended up prescribe me something for my anxiety to calm my mind while I’m waiting to see the psychologist and cardiologist. Has anyone dealt with high heart rates? I had a massive flutter before and I just know that is due to anxiety. I’ve had a pain my my leg behind my knee for over a month it comes and goes now I’m freaking of a blood clot. Does this health anxiety ever calm down. I feel so lost. If anyone had any remedies ti help me relaxed that would be great. I’ve been doing deep breathing but yeh not doing much. My husband told me I’ll be fine but anyone that is in this frame of mind that does nothing. I told

him I wish I was normal and didn’t think anything of it and just waited.  Thanks for listening. I’ve posted a few years ago about cardiac anxiety and everyone was so kind it also does help knowing other people are having same issues even if it’s from different causes. 

0 Replies 0