FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety-when it creeps up out of the blue.

Sunny_side
Community Member

hello,

this is my first post, so a little nervous. But I have been reading posts for sometime and feel I would like to share and one of the things that has helped me with my anxiety is knowing I am not alone.

From my childhood memories I have always been anxious and driven by pleasing others. I have always pushed myself to excel and have been hard on myself.

I have managed to use cope until 2 years ago, when I had my first anxiety attack. The trigger was and still is work related and the all consuming fear or failure and the consequences of me failing or doing something wrong.

During my last two years of being diagnosed with anxiety, I have learnt a lot about myself and have some strategies that help me. I have also become acquainted with panic attacks.

BUT, anxiety seems to creep up on me when I least expect it and give me a really hard time. Like this week. It reallyconsumes my thoughts and makes me worry about things.

i would like to hear how people deal with anxiety when it hits you out of the blue and is persistent. Also any positive stories or living with anxiety 🙂

10 Replies 10

Hey Sunny

That was fast!

my ex is a people pleaser (so am I lol) and she has endured a lot of mental anguish as she has always put herself second.

Excuse the question....what unpleasant physical symptoms did you wake up with? My first mega anxiety attack was in 1983 when I was 23...

Paul