FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety surrounding Death.

Milly_Amelia_101
Community Member

Hi there, I'm extremely new to this place but I decided to join because I needed some help. I have an extremely bad reaction to the thought of death and it's something I need help with.

When this anxiety attack hits I start crying and say “no no no no” over and over again and my body shakes. I've been using certain candle scents to deep my anxiety down while I also do reading and write. Just stuff my school counselor told me to do before I graduated.

But my anxiety hit before about this topic and I haven't had an attack like this for the past 4 years. I have no idea what to do or say or any way to help it. I'm hoping someone out there understands or knows a tactic? If so, please spare some advice.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey Milly_Amelia_101,

Wishing you a warm welcome to the forums, we are so glad that you have taken the brave step in reaching out here for support. We can hear how upsetting and overwhelming these thoughts must be for you, and we are so sorry to hear that you've been having intense anxiety attacks. But please know that you've come to a safe space to express these thoughts and feelings, and our communtiy are here for you to help you through this, and offer their kind advice and support.

If you feel up to it, we'd also really encourage you to reach out to our friends at Kids Helpline, who are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. The caring counsellors are available to you 24/7 on 1800 55 1800 or also through their online chat if you'd feel more comfortable talking online: https://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling We’d also welcome you to reach out to our Support Service, which is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport.

We hope that you keep checking back in and let us know how you are going whenever you feel ready- you're not alone in this.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Milly_Amelia_101

Welcome and good on you for having the courage to post too! You are not alone with your feelings or anxiety as I used to have the same feelings as yourself when I was young

Our friends at the Kids Helpline are super caring and helpful....1800 55 1800...Its a free counselling service thats available to young people up to 25

any questions are always welcome Milly_Amelia_101

Just a note about you being extremely new here.....If the Beyond Blue forums didnt have proactive like you posting the forums would cease to exist

my kind thoughts

Paul