FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why do i feel like nothing is going to work?

IronMan48
Community Member
Hey, so this is my first time on the site and really my first time sharing my feelings, I sound like a cliched movie character, but it's true and basically I came here because I think it might help to be able to talk without having to keep up the facade that is literally my entire personality and life, my question is a two parter 1: why do I feel like I'm drowning, on fire and stuck all at once? and 2: Why do I keep intentionally failing to replicate emotions I have been unable to experience for the better part of ten years? and 3: am I the only one who does/ feels like this? sorry, that ended up being a three parter, but anyway If anyone can share there own thoughts and experiences THAT WOULD BE A HUGE HELP!!!! also sorry if i did this wrong, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing yet:).
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey IronMan48, welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, we're glad to have you join us here. We're so sorry to hear how stuck and overwhelmed you feel at the moment. Would it be correct to say that you feel as though you're not being true to yourself or experiencing things like you used too? We can see why this would be causing alot of stress. When do you think these feelings started? We're sure that a lot of our community members will relate to these feelings and hopefully some of them will be able to offer you words of advice.

If you are interested, we would recommend getting in touch with an organisation called Headspace. Headspace is an organisation specifically for young people aged 12-25 and they offer a wide range of services including group programs which are a great opportunity to meet people. They also have a group chat on their webpage.

You are also always welcome to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.

We hope that you keep checking back in and let us know how you are going when you feel up to it. We're all here for you.

It's not so much that I'm not being true to myself, that I can deal with have been my entire life, it's more to do with the fact that I don't think I'm ever really going to be able to do what I want to, constantly needing to meet the expectations of others, my whole life has effectively been set in stone since I was 7 which was irritating, but it really doesn't help that I really want to have friends and family I could be myself around, don't get me wrong, I have some great friends it's just that at this point, having been taught and told my entire life to hide everything that makes me me from the outside world, I struggle with this a lot. Also, I don't really have a means to escape this admittedly cruddy world, so I spend WAY to much time reading, gaming, ect... which really doesn't help because while I struggle to feel emotions in the real world, I am extremely empathetic when reading or watching characters, often being able to experience all there emotions, grief ect... so I know, more or less, that It could be better, but I just don't trust ANYONE, which is kind of why I'm here.