FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why cant I be happy?

Gothamfan
Community Member

This is just a rant abt my feelings and whatever

for like 2021 and now 2022 I just don’t feel happy or at least ok school has jsut started back up today and my classes are horrible, I really hope it gets better but I’ve just felt so bad for the past few months, I don’t really have anyone I can talk to

This was all over the place and I’m not sure if I said wanted to say but shnwwiqqms

I want to hear others experiences and such

5 Replies 5

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Gothamfan, welcome to the forums.

The last two years have been so unpredictable as to what is going to happen, one moment a decision is made by the government and then we're back in lockdown, so it's disturbing to know what's going to happen next and we certainly can't predict tomorrow.

What you have told us outlines the basic worry you are struggling with so we understand, and of course, the classes you're in maybe with people you have not been able to assimilate with or for various other reasons, but it's the teacher you need to pay all your attention to because once the class is finished then you can go your separate way, which brings me to the point of having no one to talk to.

Within a class of say 20 people, there are the ones who always stand out as being leaders but quietly in the background there's a handful of people who stay completely silent and don't want to be noticed, these are those people you can begin a conversation with, you can talk about the tennis or the cricket, whatever inspires you, but just make a brief comment then a link may be formed.

Remember they may be feeling exactly the same as you do and want someone to align themselves with.

Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 can be contacted by phone, web chat or online as they help aged between 5 to 25 years of age and perhaps as you get to know this other person this could be raised with them, then a bond has been found.

Please get back to us at any time.

Geoff.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Gothamfan,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand that school can be difficult….. I’m sorry your classes are horrible.

Im here to listen to you if you want to tell me more about school and how you are feeling…..

Hang in there

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello thanks for ranting

we are always here when u need

school Was a horrible time for me and I wish I knew more back then to help me

my experience was not good but the good news is I’m doing really really well now and I’m happy so I guess High school is just a phase

even one close friend is enough to help you get by and could even be a family member, just someone to talk to when you need…

please reach out whenever u need

Shay123
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Gothamfan!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a difficult time! I know what I'm about to say is easier said than done but it's so important to be kind to yourself during a time like this! High-school for me was incredibly difficult for me as well and it is for many. You're certainly not alone especially in that regard. I understand how difficult it can be to try and put into words how one feels but this will get better and how you feel right now won't last forever! There is so much life to look forward to after high-school where you'll meet so many incredible people and have the chance to do so many amazing things. I was bullied back in high-school and I remember feeling so alone and isolated and like I didn't fit in but it definitely does get better you just have to keep going!

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi there,

i am sorry you are going through this, but you have come to the right place for support.

have you spoken to your doctor or a psychologist about these feelings? that really helped me.

thanks,

jaz xx