FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

when you can't speak out, write it down

TWLOHA_4_LIFE
Community Member

There's been fights with so many words left unspoken

So many promises that were made to be broken

So many tears that ran down the side of your cheek

And so many putdowns that left you so weak

But yet I stood by your side, I was always there

I'm just someone's daughter who never fails to care

At times you said I was more mature than I should of been

Because of all the things that i'd done, things that I'd seen

But I continue to surprise you each and every day

With the things that I do and the things that I say

Always helping people out when they were in need

Always writing words I knew people wanted to read

But guess what? All I am is just a 20 year old girl

And sometimes I feel forgotten by the world

Because when someone's always there for you

I guess you don't see that they also hurt too

Because I've always got a smile and a hug to give

But did you know there's times that I  struggle to live?

Self acceptance, anxiety, the things you don't see

That when I'm helping you, my devils are hurting me

5 Replies 5

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Thanks for sharing your poem. It is very touching.

Did you have any one special in mind when you wrote down these words?

Do you need someone to listen to you, someone you can share your struggles and anxiety with?

There is plenty of help out there if you need it. Don't keep your hurts bottled up inside.

Reach out for help and care if you need it.

Kind regards from Mrs. Dools

Thank you for responding to my poem..

This is only vague compared to what I usually write but sometimes keeping it simple gets my message across, I guess its written about my mum and her ex or boyfriend or whatever he is now because every time they fight she will call and I'll chat for hours about what happened then he will call with his side of the story and then I don't know I'm used as their mediator because I'm level headed and apparently more mature than I should be At my age.

I have an entire journal filled with poems about anything and everything....

Thanks for your explanation about the poem. I hope your Mum and her friend are able to work out their emotions!

How do you cope when they both share their story with you? It sounds like you are able to manage okay. We could all do with a mediator from time to time. I hope they don't wear you down though!

Do you have a poem about happiness you would like to share? You have a wonderful way with words.

From Mrs. Dools

Thanks for responding and for taking an interest in something that's so close to me... I'll be honest it's emotionally draining knowing what to say and always having the answers to their fights or their misunderstandings of each other.. Sometimes I just ignore their calls because sometimes I just wanna scream and yell and cry "why can't you fix it yourself, your adults and I'm the daughter in it all' but my heart never let's me do that. I can never turn my back on someone who needs a shoulder to cry on, listening ears or just a comfort of someone they know won't judge them.. Just wish I at times had the heart to tell them that it's all too much for me with my own problems stacked on top but I don't coz I push me aside so help them 😕

I might have one about happiness but most of them fall into either 

Grief and loss

Depression and anxiety

Hurt and heartache

Odes to long gone loved ones

It's whatever I find inspiration out of every day life and out of other peoples situations...

I'll see what I have if I have one to share maybe.

Thank you for listening and for responding to me

Hi TWLOHA,

Oh dear! Where have the days gone!  How did it come to be April the 24th already!

I hope you are doing okay. Maybe one day you might need to build up the courage to say to your Mum and ex boyfriend, that you really need some advice and help yourself.

I know that is hard to do. I have watched my parents fight and squabble and be not so nice to each other since as long as I can remember. They don't come to me with the problems as such, but I certainly hear about it when I phone or email them.

It can be very draining! I hope you do have people to support you as well.

Writing down poetry does help to get thoughts and feelings out of our heads. I used to enjoy writing a little poetry myself and reading it at school. I haven't done so for ages though.

I'm sorry it has been so long since I have managed to get back to you. I haven't spent a lot of time on the computer this week.

Thinking of you and hoping you manage to find the strength you need to deal with your own issues and to get any help if you need it.

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools