FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

unsteadily gaining and loosing weight

sumynona423
Community Member
Am I the only one who over certain time periods either looses or gains weight rapidly? I have a set meal plan but there are just somedays I can just not eat or not stop eating! Some days I can run forever and others I can't even get out of bed! I can't find any triggers and its draining to go through! Any help/advice please?
2 Replies 2

Zeal
Community Member

Hi,

You are not alone. I don't personally have this problem at the moment, but I used to have an eating disorder, so I know the extremes of losing and then gaining weight. I'm most worried about how some days you hardly eat, with other days being the opposite. I'm not sure why this is. It could relate to your emotional state, or a hormonal imbalance perhaps. I recommend seeing your GP about this, and explaining what you've said in this post. They will investigate the cause(s) and will hopefully be able to find a solution.

I hope this improves for you.

Best wishes,

SM

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sumynona

Good answer by SM above. Spot on I reckon.

Personally after worrying about my body weight all my 59 years I've decided to let it go. Apart from trying to eat healthy I wont weigh myself nor concern myself about my 128 kgms of bulk!

Up and down it goes, daily, monthly and no one knows why. They all have their theories, millions of experts. My guess (and I'm one of those experts now lol) is your emotional state and/or your metabolism has a lot to do with it.

In 40 years time we will be analysed daily by some wristband that holds our mobile phone and tells us how much to eat to lose weight. Or a pill daily to maintain a certain weight.

Until then we risk having strokes worrying about our size.

Now for afternoon tea that includes a donut...

Tony WK