FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

tired of being me

avab1
Community Member
ive been starving myself for two days now to get skinny
2 Replies 2

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello avab1

I am so glad you have reached out here to get some support, I think by you doing so that you do acknowledge that starving yourself is not a good idea. I understand that being a certain weight and looking a certain way is important to you, you want to feel good about how you look, but I am wondering how good you are actually feeling, not eating for two days is probably not only making you feel pretty lousy but I am sure you are struggling with emotions as well.

We are here to chat to you, to help you through this time, there are also the wonderful people at Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 if you feel you would like to reach out to get some support through talking to a person.

Catching these feelings and emotions in time and having some support through this can really help to prevent this from becoming a bigger issue for you and dare I say, develop into an Eating Disorder, I would not wish that for anyone. Not that I have experience with this, however I have seen the damage a disorder like this can do to both a body and a mind.

I am so proud of you for reaching out here today avab1, I hope to chat to you some more.

Hugs to you

Sarah

Tay100
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi avab1

Thanks for posting here, it takes courage to reach out. This a great, non-judgemental space to do so. It looks like you want some help- we could help you seek some? As Aaronsis said, there are many great help resources out there, let us know and we'll be here.

Keep us updated on how you are going, if you feel comfortable.

Sending kindness,

Tay100