FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Struggling with romantic relationships

Saddo_in_Stilettos_22
Community Member

A broke up with my boyfriend a while ago- and now I feel lonely, and perhaps wanting another romantic partner. I feel ashamed that I need a relationship to gratify myself, to be honest.

Can anyone relate?

2 Replies 2

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Saddo_in_Stilettos_22~

I can remember you sympathizing with Peachy101 years ago and giving understanding advice. I mention that not only to show you are someone that cares for others, but also because you a far from alone in how you feel.

It is not weak or selfish, and does not show a flaw in one's character to feel the lack of a partner.

I'm one of those who is not complete without someone to love and be loved by and I suspect you may be too. You may think it is just you wanting something for yourself, but you would be wrong. When you do find another I'm more than sure you will be giving as well as receiving, and that's how it should be

I'm expect you already know what to do, resume your social life and look for someone whom is kind, feels like you do and with whom you click and have fun.

BTW some loving mums do cuddle distressed daughters, it's both a burden and a comfort (for both I guess:)

Croix

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi. It has been said elsewhere that humans are wired for connection. And so after a breakup you want some time to yourself. Now... Feeling the need for connection. I speak with some people on a semi regular basis and they have the same want or need as you so please don't feel ashamed about this.