FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Struggling with life and goals

0rinkydinky0
Community Member
For the longest time I've wanted to be a singer but I'm a quitter. I honestly feel horrible because I can't even bring myself to try and I'm so pathetic that seeing things like Kpop performances makes me want to cry. I just feel so down and it's honestly unbearable. Anyone else feel this way? Is it just extreme envy?
4 Replies 4

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Orinkydinky0

welcome to the forum.

I am glad you have a goal to sing. Maybe you could join an online group.

you are not pathetic . These are tough times.

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Singing is a passion and, like all creative pursuits, involves much soul searching, questioning, giving up, and starting again. Rarely is it plain sailing and it takes many years to find your sound... and yourself. It is this desire which will propel you forward to exceed your expectations - if you can endure.

Charlie Parker (jazz saxophonist) said:

"If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn"

and I guess that can apply to musicians and non-musicians alike:
To express yourself, you have to live your life - not imitate or pine for the lifestyles of others.

BTW, KPOP is an industry where singers are secondary to purpose and often bound to inextricable contracts. Have a closer look beneath the facade (really study their faces) and determine if they are truly happy.

"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." (Van Morrison)

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

First of all, it is beautiful that you want to become a singer! It is an amazing goal that I am sure you can achieve if you try your hardest. Get out of your comfort zone and just do it.

Please do not be envious of those in the KPOP industry, I know for a fact that they are all miserable behind the cameras and the makeup. They are told what to do 24/7, they have no sense of freedom. They wished they lived a life like yours.

Never compare yourself with others because you are amazing in your own way 🙂

Hopefully, I will be listening to one of your albums one day!

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi 0rinkydinky0,

Wellcome to our forums!

Believe in your self, believe you can reach your goal of becoming a singer…. Work at it every day….. believe good things are coming your way….

Try not to envy others ….. know your worth and work for what you want……

You will get there