FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

STRUGGLING WITH BREAKUP

gb2399
Community Member

I recently broke up with my first boyfriend. We were together 15 months. It was not a healthy relationship and I know I made the right decision but I am struggling.

With restrictions I am stuck at home and I am struggling. I feel so alone and miss him so much. I am just looking for some support to help me get through this.

I already struggle with anxiety and depression. I just feel so lost.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Welcome to the forums, gb2399

We're so grateful that you have reached out to our community tonight, we know that it is not an easy thing to do but it is so important that you have. We're really sorry to hear that you're struggling with a recent breakup right now, which must be especially tough to cope with during this difficult time. But please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk about your thoughts and feelings, and our wonderful community is here to provide you with as much support, advice and conversation as you need. 

If you feel up to it, we'd really recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website will be regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348.

We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello gb2399

Welcome to the forum and to getting some support and comfort through this time, as Sophie M said, it is not easy to write your first post and I am so glad you have reached out tonight.

I am sorry that the relationship was not a healthy relationship however, that does not discount that at some point you felt they were a person you would like to have in your life, that you did have a connection and that you had feelings for one another. Through this journey you discovered that it was not a healthy relationship so it has now ended, this does not mean that you should not feel pain and sadness. You had feelings for this person. There is still healing to do and I am sorry that also that COVID does mean that you are probably not in touch with your friends like you need them at the moment and it does make it so much harder when you have not got some distractions to help you through the day and help you to ease the pain.

This might seem like a silly suggestion but I have found writing to be so wonderful, a place to just get it all out and to write as raw and as honest as I like, it is for no one else to read. It might help with getting it out and helping you address that you did have feelings for this person, you understand that it did need to end but that does not mean pain free. Let your self grieve the relationship.

I hope that you do have some things to do in the day that can create some distraction for you, reading, music, even facetiming your friends, something to bring a smile to you.

It is a pretty great place here gb2399 and you can share as much or as little about you as you like, we are here to support you.

Hope to chat some more to you

Hugs

Sarah