FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sexting and anxiety

Anakin_Skywalker
Community Member

Hello there, I’m bi or gay and 17. I have never had any like sexual experiences so I wasn’t ready for what was to come, basically about 3 months ago I was somehow harassed into sending nudes to someone who turned out to be Lying about there age, and this happened on 2 occasions both with different people both within the same time.

I just hate my self how that happened, I often stress about it and can’t sleep properly, sometimes don’t feel hungry, and can’t get it off my mind, and other times really hate myself for what I did

i just want to know if anyone else has had an experience like this, and how I can cope with this

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hey Anakin, 

Thanks for reaching out on the Beyond Blue forums. We're so sorry to hear you've had these experiences and can imagine how shocked and upset you must've felt to find out the people you've been talking to had lied about their age. Have you spoken to a friend or family member about this situation? We understand it is a difficult subject to talk about but it sounds as though this experience is really affecting you and it would be helpful to get their support and advice. 

We'd recommend you go to the esafety website to learn more about the different types of technology-facilitated abuse and what you can do to manage online risks. If your nudes have been shared, or someone is threatening to share your nudes, you can make an image-based abuse report to eSafety We suggest you read the following articles:

We would strongly recommend that you get in touch with Kids Helpline - https://kidshelpline.com.au/ . It might help to talk it out whenever you're feeling overwhelmed. Kids Helpline counsellors can be contacted 24/7 by young people 25 and under via telephone and also via webchat if you go through the website provided.

Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we are worried about you.  

Yeah I may chat to kids help line, I just feel like my life is so messed up, like what kind of teen is somehow manipulated into sending nudes not once but twice, I just feel like I’m a failure and have ruined my life as such, I know how to avoid these kind of people now, and so far I don’t think my post are being shared

Hi Anakin, I'm jumping in a bit late here but I wanted to make sure you're going ok.

I know you say what kind of teen... but having a lapse in judgement is super common for teenagers. I'm 24 now and I know I had many and still do. When you're a teen you're still figuring out how the world works and developing and discovering who you are. You may feel like you've got it all figured out but you soon learn that you don't. I still don't!

You haven't ruined your life at all. I'd really recommend having a chat to someone about how you're feeling and what your next steps are. It's going to be a tricky conversation to have, but it's going to be worth it.