FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

No one understands

Candydipper1
Community Member

Hiya all,

I really struggle with having my family and some of my support team understand my Mental Health and I’m apparently faking it when I’m not.

I struggle with several mental health issues.

BPD, Anxitey and Depression are the worst ones....

I just want family to understand. It’s not easy having unsupportive family when you are struggling. I keep putting on a mask that everything is okay when it isn’t. It’s a struggle some days keeping the mask on.

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to beyond blue.

It is sad when people we like to trust do not believe us about mental health issues. I hope that in posting here you will find a new group of people (abeit virtually) who can be part of your support team. And perhaps through conversation here you might find ways to talk to your family about what you are going through. And here you do not have to worry about wearing that mask you refer to. You can just be yourself and the people here are non-judgemental as well. I know it is good to be able to speak to someone when you feel low. I wonder what coping tools you also have?

Tim