FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to beyond blue

Im123
Community Member
Hi everyone, I am new to BB and I am not sure what to say but my name is Imogen and I have depression, I am pretty nervous about posting but I hope to meet new people 🙂
6 Replies 6

Music_Freak
Community Member

Welcome to the forum Imogen, I'm Narelle and I've only been active on here for a month or so, but everyone here is very friendly

There's no need to feel nervous about being here and posting (I did at first too, but soon realised there was no need), everyone is great at making you feel welcome

Cornstarch
Community Member

Hi Imogen,

Nervous is my most frequent place. I completely understand its grip.

Hope you receive some comfort here.

Corny

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Im, welcome to the site, everyone always starts off being nervous, but it's not face to face so we don't know what you look like so that's a great way how the site works, it's anonymous and never be afraid by opening up to us because you have to remember that all of us started the same way as you and we have also suffered from depression of any type.
Take a deep breath and we would love to hear back from you. Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Imogen!

Welcome aboard 🙂

Thanks heaps for joining us and posting.

Yes its true - lots of people get super nervous coming here. I was really nervous too but everyone is really lovely and even if you don't post it's just a great way to know that you're not alone with what you're experiencing.

Feel free to post anytime - there will always be someone around to chat to.

ahw309
Community Member

Hi Imogen, welcome!!

I hope you find this forum a safe and comforting place. I was super nervous posting for the first time, and still get nervous posting sometimes too, but as the others have said, everyone is super kind and supportive of everyone!

Feel free to look around and post whenever you want to talk, ask a question, or get something off your chest 🙂

Jazzrl01
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Im123,

I'm new to BB as well! I don't really know what to do either, I've just been replying to other people's posts that I thought I could help them out with... 🙂

I have depression too! Omg its so nice to talk to someone else that knows how I feel. Are you ok at the moment? (I know that depression is an episodic illness so you feel bad and like your coping in patches here and there) So are you in a bad place at the moment or are you ok? Just want to be here for any follow sufferers 🙂 I feel ok at the moment so I'm happy to talk to you about anything if you want support. 🙂

I'm Jasmine and 15 by the way. You sound like a nice person Imogen... 🙂

Reply to me if you ever want to talk xxx