FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life is so overwhelming

anonymo_us
Community Member

I just feel like life is so hard right, I’ve been taken off my adhd medication, it’s been 2 months and I’m finding life extremely difficult. I’m crying all the time, I’m easily overwhelmed, I can’t work with needing to take a minute to stop crying cuz my head is just going insane. I feel like I’ve just lived for everyone else for my whole life and never discovered myself and now I’m an adult I have no idea who I am, what I want to do with a career, I have no passion to want to do things for me. I’m just so over not being able to do what I want cuz I don’t even know what that is and I feel like I can’t do it cuz everyone around me just judges my every move

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hey anonymo_us,

Welcome to the Forums! Thank you for sharing here today. It is not always an easy thing to do and takes a lot of courage. 

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and it is totally understanding for it to all feel overwhelming. It can be a really anxiety-provoking time trying to navigate who you are as an adult and what career you might want. It is very normal to feel overwhelmed even thinking about it all! 

It is something that others here can no doubt relate to, whether they are going through it now or have been through it in the past.

If you ever want to talk about it, please feel free to reach out to our lovely Support Service team, on 1300 22 4636 or online. There are also our friends over at KidsHelpline on 1800 55 1800, and Headspace on 1800 650 890 (if you are under 25 years of age).

Please know that you are not alone in these feelings. Our community is here to support you.

Thank you again for sharing here. We hope you can do something nice for yourself today ❤️

Kind regards
Sophie M

eel
Community Member

Hey anonymo_us, 

I'm only young, two years out of high school and still figuring out things for myself so just keep that in mind, but I just wanted you to know that I've read what you've said and have experienced similar feelings to what you've described. I've tried so many different things over the past two years, been to uni, to 2 different tafes and had many different jobs along that time and only now feeling that I may be doing something that I really love and even still I'm unsure. It's okay to take your time and try different things to figure out what you do enjoy. 

If you have the luxury of time, use that. If there is someone close to you, anyone at all, slowly take steps to let them know how you feel and do what makes you comfortable and happy. Speak to someone professional in the space, it is always okay to reach out for help. 

I am still discovering who I am as a person and planning on going on a short solo hiking trip so I can reassess my needs and values. Its easy to get caught up with so many things going on at such a pivotal point in personal development, I'm hoping that if I take this time in my own little world I'll understand what my body really needs and not what I'm being told. 

Take your time, you have your whole life ahead of you.

Take care, 

Eel