FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life is really hard sometimes.

IndigoMultiversity
Community Member
It's been a while since I last posted. By nature, I find it hard to share my feelings and thoughts outside of counselling.

I'm honestly feeling that I've made some big mistakes in the past. I've just finished my Uni degree recently and I've been looking for any work. Nothing at all is happening, in 8 months, I've had two interviews and countless rejections. I should have gotten even part time work while I was studying. Now I'm over qualified for simple stuff and I don't have enough experience for my degree field of work.

I want to be able to provide more income at home so that we won't be so broke all the time.

I feel like I can't do anything right at the moment.

I'm feeling like I've screwed up.

I want to feel like I'm doing something that matters too.

The worst part is, I am now realising that all the hard work I'm putting in means nothing. Because no matter how hard I'm trying, it's not going to get me anywhere because no-one realises or notices.

Gonna have to keep trying and hope I get lucky. Maybe. Someday.

I just wanted to vent a bit. Things just suck.
1 Reply 1

continuousventer
Community Member
Hi IndigoMultiversity

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm currently in university right now and I have a bunch of things to do but I just feel like

meh.

Congrats for finishing your uni degree! Honestly coming from a uni student perspective, it's something definitely to be proud of. This is your degree, this is your hard work.

My brother graduated from university like two years ago and he wasn't able to find a job in his field ie urban planning. He told our family that other people in his cohort were in the same predicament and that only two people know who graduated, got jobs. My relative tells me her neighbour who did pharmacy struggled to find a job for a year. My friend has graduated and still hasn't found a job.

These things happen and it's okay. Life does suck and it's okay.

I hope you will keep trying because you do have something to offer