FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

i need some love

edaj
Community Member

i don't think i have ever felt so down and sad and depressed in my entire life. i feel like a complete failure of a person and that everything i do is wrong. i'll get in an argument with my sister and then she'll get mad at me and call me names but instead of getting upset with her i get SO angry with myself and don't understand why i am such a failure. i am literally the definition of talentless troll and i have no idea what the purpose of my life is. i am not good at anything and i don't know how to cope with all this self hatred.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hey edaj, welcome to the Beyond Blue forums. We're glad you found you're way here. 

We're so sorry to hear you feel this way about yourself, we can imagine these thoughts would have you feeling very drained and depressed. We know it might not seem like it right now but things can get better and you won't always feel like this.

If you feel up to it, you might like to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.  We’d also encourage you to reach out to our Support Service. We’re available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of our professional mental health counsellors at our Support Service will give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area.

Keep checking back in and let us know how you are going when you feel up to it.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Good Morning Edaj, and want to offer you a warm to the site.

When anybody is feeling the way you are at the moment and whatever you do which might not end up the way you had intended doesn't mean it won't suit another person, so this illness is also a learning and watching experience.

We can get cross with ourselves, which I too had with myself in the past, it stops us from listening and believing a positive comment someone says until we have time to think about it or discuss it with a counsellor.

Nurture yourself and would really like to back from you whenever possible.

Geoff.

continuousventer
Community Member
Hello edaj,

What you were feeling is how I feel when I get into arguments with other people. Because it's horrible to get into an argument. You both want to be right. Your sister in a way is like my brother, he gets away with calling me names. And in the end, I feel angry with myself because I was in that position. I don't like being disempowered.

You must be good at something though. The way we talk about ourselves can be harmful. Hope you feel better